Tutorials For New Roland Users

Forum for the Fantom-0 workstation/synthesizer
HighlandStudio91

Tutorials For New Roland Users

Post by HighlandStudio91 »

Being completely new to Roland & owning the new Fantom 06, makes me wish I had some previous experience with Roland workstations( but none of the workstations Roland made in the past, ever appealed to me...that is...until the flagship Fantom came about...but never seriously considered one,due to it being way out of my price range.)
Although I love how logically laid out everything is on the Fantom, I am having some difficulties(as I have always been a Korg workstation user and the configurations are radically different)...so the learning curve is a bit overwhelming.
The Fantom truly is an impressive feat of engineering...but there is just so much functionality packed into this thing and there is so much to learn and there are no in-depth video tutorials specific to the Fantom-0 series...as of yet.
I did manage to choose a program within the song section and lay down some patterns....but when I progressed to the next track & picked my preset for track 2, I was still hearing the program preset for track 1 and could not figure out how to enter into track 2 to start laying down patterns for said track.
I then started fiddling around the Fantom to try and sort this out and when I went back to the pattern section, all of my work was erased. I'm sure that once I get my bearings, I will have a much easier time creating music on the Fantom( more so than I ever did on any Korg that I've had)...but right now, it's so easy to get lost and the transition from Korg to Roland is so disorientating, that I am really dreading the thought of tackling the whole DAW integration thing.
I just want to take one step at a time and just focus on creating songs entirely on the Fantom for starters....but I am insanely frustrated in having an enormous amount of inspiration and not being able to lay it down in the sequencer.
I don't know exactly how related the Fantom-0 is to the flagship Fantom in terms of menu layouts & such...but was thinking that the Fantom tutorials from 2 years ago, might get me through this ordeal?
I really would like some in-depth, step-by-step tutorials for the Fantom-0...even if I had to pay for them....I wonder if & when Roland will produce some tutorials specific to the Fantom-0?
HighlandStudio91

Re: Tutorials For New Roland Users

Post by HighlandStudio91 »

Hmmm....I just realized that when I tried to save my work I did in the pattern section earlier, I successfully did so & created a Scene that I could go back to(without even realizing it.)
I think I need to peruse the flagship Fantom tutorials on YouTube a bit more....
Tarkov72

Post by Tarkov72 »

I believe that any tutorials for the regular Fantom should carry over to these pretty well if not entirely.
vespina

Post by vespina »

Ed Diaz has been publishing a new set of tutorial videos on YouTube for the new Fantom-0 series. You should start there.

Victor Espina
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

vespina wrote: 19:50, 21 May 2022 Ed Diaz has been publishing a new set of tutorial videos on YouTube for the new Fantom-0 series. You should start there.

Victor Espina
Yes, I agree, and also the Fantom Series of Tutorials can be used as a general information, as most of functions are similar on both boards.
That's what I've been doing before Ed Diaz begun to create the Fantom-0 specific videos ;D