Fantom 06 Pre-Loaded Expansions question

Forum for the Fantom-0 workstation/synthesizer
Mr Spock 77

Fantom 06 Pre-Loaded Expansions question

Post by Mr Spock 77 »

Just picked up a Fantom 06 and overall like it for what it can do for me in live and studio settings. I'm a bit unclear as to the expansion memory and trying to figure out how to delete two of the three pre-loaded expansions that I don't need to give me more memory for other expansions/sounds. I've dug through the manuals but not seeing the process of deleting already installed expansions....

Many thanks for any light you can shed on this for me!
Cheers~
thortschman

Re: Fantom 06 Pre-Loaded Expansions question

Post by thortschman »

Hi! Press the Tempo button while turning on the machine will guide you to the expansion menu. After you have deleted and installed the intended ones turn the machine off and on just as normal.
Mr Spock 77

Post by Mr Spock 77 »

Thanks thortschman!
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Hi Mr Spock 77 and welcome to he Clan!!
Just to add to the subject, and to what our fellow Clan member thortschman said, this only applies to the EXSN01, 02 03 (SN-A- Pianos and SN-Electric Piano Expansions) and to the 15 EXZxxx expansions - EXZ001, 002, 003, 004, 005, 006, 007, 008, 009, 010, 011, 012, 013, 014, 015

On top of that you can also load several Free Zen-Core Sounds from other expansions, and those do not occupy Sampling /Exp memory.

There is a type of Free sounds that you can download from the Roland Cloud, the SDZxxx expansions (all the remaining ones are not free):
- SDZ004, 006, 021,027, 034, 040, 046, 048, 080, 084

To import them to the Fantom, you should:
1- first load them to a Fantom formatted USB Pen Drive
2- Make sure that the Fantom power is disconnected
3- insert the Pen Drive in the Fantom's Memory USB Port
4- Switch ON the Fantom's power
5- From the MENU, UTILITY, IMPORT
6- you choose the type of sound to import (TONE, DRUM, SCENE or SAMPLE). In this example, IMPORT TONE
7- You choose between Z-core or Model. In this example, z-core + ENTER
8- The list of loaded SDZxxx expansions containing TONES should be listed. Choose the one you want to import sounds from
9- You should then see the list of all TONE sounds contained in that SDZxxx expansion. Choose all or just the ones you want (do not forget to check the green box "with SAMPLE" and+ NEXT
10- A free Destination list should be shown.
Ex:
0187.INITIAL TONE
0188:INITIAL TONE
and so on...

11-Choose all or only the ones you want to fill + EXECUTE

In case you have Drum TONES to import, repeat the process, but instead of IMPORT TONE, choose IMPORT DRUM (point 6)

I hope this helps

Cheers,
PauloF
Español

Post by Español »

PauloF wrote: 19:02, 7 May 2022 There is a type of Free sounds that you can download from the Roland Cloud, the SDZxxx expansions (all the remaining ones are not free):
I understand that these ten sound expansions that you mention, are free and are downloaded from the "SDZ Sound Packs" section within the "Zen-Core Sounds" section of the Roland Cloud website and that these sound expansions, must be installed through the Roland Cloud Manager software or are they downloaded to a pendrive and installed through the import process that you mention?

I also understand that you have to be registered in Roland Cloud to be able to access these sound packages.

Sorry for the insistence, but I have only been with the Fantom-07 for a few days and I have barely been able to try it.

And sorry for English, but I'm Spanish and I'm translating this text with Google Translate. Thank you.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Español wrote: 17:59, 31 August 2022
PauloF wrote: 19:02, 7 May 2022 There is a type of Free sounds that you can download from the Roland Cloud, the SDZxxx expansions (all the remaining ones are not free):
I understand that these ten sound expansions that you mention, are free and are downloaded from the "SDZ Sound Packs" section within the "Zen-Core Sounds" section of the Roland Cloud website and that these sound expansions, must be installed through the Roland Cloud Manager software or are they downloaded to a pendrive and installed through the import process that you mention?

I also understand that you have to be registered in Roland Cloud to be able to access these sound packages.

Sorry for the insistence, but I have only been with the Fantom-07 for a few days and I have barely been able to try it.

And sorry for English, but I'm Spanish and I'm translating this text with Google Translate. Thank you.
Hi Español,
I speak a little Spanish, and below you have the procedure in Spanish:

Hola Español,
Yo hablo un poco de Espanõl, y abajo tienes el procedimiento en Español:

Para importarlos al Fantom, debes:
1- primero cárgarlos en un pen drive USB formateado por Fantom
2- Asegúrarte de que la alimentación del Fantom esté desconectada
3- inserte el Pen Drive en el puerto USB de memoria del Fantom
4- Enciende la alimentación del Fantom
5- Desde el MENÚ, UTILITY, IMPORT
6- eliges el tipo de sonido a importar (TONE, DRUM, SCENE o SAMPLE). En este ejemplo, IMPORT TONE
7- Eliges entre Z-core o Modelo. En este ejemplo, z-core + ENTER
8- Se debe enumerar la lista de expansiones SDZxxx cargadas que contienen TONES. Elije aquel desde el que deseas importar los sonidos
9- A continuación, deberás ver la lista de todos los sonidos TONE contenidos en esa expansión SDZxxx. Elige todos o solo los que quieras (no olvides marcar la casilla verde "con SAMPLE" y ENTER
10- Se debe mostrar una lista de destinos gratuita. Ex: 0187.TONO INICIAL 0188:TONO INICIAL y así sucesivamente...
Ex:
0187.INITIAL TONE
0188: INITIAL TONE
y así sucesivamente...
11-Elige todos o solo los que quieras rellenar + EXECUTE En caso de que tenga DRUM TONES para importar, repite el proceso, pero en lugar de IMPORT TONE, elije IMPORT DRUM (punto 6)

Ahora respondiendo a tus preguntas:

[ They must be downloaded to the PEN drive by using the Cloud Manager]
[Deben descargarse en la unidad PEN mediante Cloud Manager]

[That is correct]
[Eso es corrrecto]

[Don't be sorry... I've had my difficulties myself in the first days with it, even after reading and seeing several youtube videos. It's a very complex board and requires some time to learn it completely. Note that I had a Fantom X and a Sonic Cell, a V-Synth XT and a Integra 7, but this machine, although similar on a few basic things, has a complete different and more up-to-date aproach (in my view)]

[No te arrepientas... Yo mismo he tenido mis dificultades en los primeros días con él, incluso después de leer y ver varios videos de youtube. [No te arrepientas... Yo mismo he tenido mis dificultades en los primeros días con él, incluso después de leer y ver varios videos de youtube. Es un sintetizador muy complejo y requiere algo de tiempo para aprenderlo por completo. Tiene en cuenta que yo tenía un Fantom X y un Sonic Cell, un V-Synth XT y un Integra 7, pero esta máquina, aunque similar en algunas cosas básicas, tiene un enfoque completamente diferente y más actualizado (en mi opinión)]

[Your translated English is perfect :-D]
[Tu inglés traducido es perfecto :-D]
un saludo
PauloF
Español

Post by Español »

PauloF wrote: 17:15, 2 September 2022
Español wrote: 17:59, 31 August 2022
PauloF wrote: 19:02, 7 May 2022
Thank you very much for your great explanation, which makes it easier for me to get to work immediately with this great workstation. Thanks and best regards :-)

[Muchas gracias por tu gran explicación, la cual me hace más fácil ponerme a trabajar de inmediato con éste gran workstation. Gracias y un saludo :-)]