FA-06 upgrade to Fantom O6?

Forum for the Fantom-0 workstation/synthesizer
stevel

FA-06 upgrade to Fantom O6?

Post by stevel »

I saw one discussion on this but the person is waiting on the O6 to arrive.

I love my FA except for one thing: Overly loud black keys. I HATE it for that. (Well, I also hate the "shaved keys" size but I could at least live with that if the freaking black keys and white keys play the same volume)

I'd love to hear from anyone who has both, or had the FA-06 and upgraded, if this problem is solved or still persists.

I actually rarely use the Sequencer, so a Step Sequencer would actually probably be far more useful to me.

Looks like you can still use Kbd Switch Groups to select between sounds within a single studio set, yes? All 16 - in various combinations - same way the FA works?
tchelomgf

Re: FA-06 upgrade to Fantom O6?

Post by tchelomgf »

Roland made the keybed for Fantom-0 worse than FA-07, however, the geometry is a little different. I suggest you to put your hands on it before to decide because this is very personal ...
PauloF

Re: FA-06 upgrade to Fantom O6?

Post by PauloF »

tchelomgf wrote: 11:34, 21 May 2022 Roland made the keybed for Fantom-0 worse than FA-07, however, the geometry is a little different. I suggest you to put your hands on it before to decide because this is very personal ...
I agree with tchelomgf's comment regarding definitely testing before you buy!!
The FA-07 keybed seems to be better than the Fantom-07 one, but I believe Stevel is talking about the FA-06 / Fantom-06 comparison here... and on those, the Fantom-0 keybed is much quieter than the FA-06 (At least than the FA-06 I tested).