CTRL Pedal to change to next scene triggers twice the very first time

Forum for the Fantom-0 workstation/synthesizer
audiophil

CTRL Pedal to change to next scene triggers twice the very first time

Post by audiophil »

I am not sure if this is a bug or just something that I configured wrongly.

I have set the CTRL Pedal 1 to INC. So I can change the scenes in a chain. Thing is, whenever I step on the pedal the very first time after I start the Fantom it triggers twice the INC. So I jump two scenes instead of one. The next time it works perfectly. It is something I know and more of less could live with but I still would love to have a fix for this at some point. It would really be annoying if I forget to step on it once before go on stage.
jpr

Re: CTRL Pedal to change to next scene triggers twice the very first time

Post by jpr »

I also use a pedal to INC scenes in a chain and I also have problems with it. When I hit the switch the first time it works properly. The second time I use the pedal it doesn't do anything, like it is resetting the switch. This leads me to believe that your (and my) problem may be in the pedal itself. I haven't tried using a different pedal, but that may be the problem. Hope this helps.
xp30

Re: CTRL Pedal to change to next scene triggers twice the very first time

Post by xp30 »

I have no idea. However, I wonder if you could share more details:
  • What kind of pedal are you using? Continuous or (momentary) switch?
  • Is the polarity set correctly? Does it change scenes when you press the pedal down, or when you release it?
  • Where have you configured the pedal? In the system settings, or in all scenes?
  • Does it only happen in chain mode, or also in the normal scene mode?
  • There are similar options: INC and SCENE UP. Does it happen with both?