Pitch bend latency when attempting manual vibrato

Forum for the Fantom-0 workstation/synthesizer
JVSalazar

Pitch bend latency when attempting manual vibrato

Post by JVSalazar »

Hi, I just recently got a Fantom-06. It seems that there is a latency for the bend to apply using the internal stick/wheel. It almost seems that the pitch bend position is polled at such a low rate by the Fantom that quick back and forth movements cancel each other out, resulting in a very unsatisfying, low movement vibrato. I tried changing the pitch bend range, but get the same issue (low vibrato movement but at a pitch farther away). I tried this with an external pitch bend and did not have this problem. It's a shame as I love the sounds, but this issue could very likely be a dealbreaker for me.

Seems like I'm not the only one who has this problem as it can be seen reported here around the 1:13 mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_6UZOaK7-w

Anyone know if there's a fix for this?
MINDKeys

Re: Pitch bend latency when attempting manual vibrato

Post by MINDKeys »

Yes, no solution from Roland Support.
They confirmed the problem after i insisted a lot and gave them proof of it but give zero solutions.
hpunyon@gmail.com

Post by hpunyon@gmail.com »

This is FIXED in the 1.03 system update - I installed it last night and tested it successfully.

https://www.roland.com/us/support/by_pr ... a1f2349be/

[ Ver.1.03 ] JUN 2023
[ Bug Fixes ]
The following bugs have been fixed.
When moving the pitch bend lever quickly, the pitch does not change to the minimum/maximum value.
Other minor bugs.
Igkey

Post by Igkey »

I have the latest firmware installed but still suffering from the quick pitch bend movements. It's very slow to respond to even normal pitch bends, as in there's a slight lag from the actual movement of the bender to the change in pitch of the sound. Rapid pitch bends have absolutely no effect or undesired results. It's the same with the pitch wheel too. Roland has to really sort this issue.
Igkey

Post by Igkey »

I apologise for not checking my firmware properly. I was on 1.02. After updating it to 1.03 my pitch bender/wheel issue is resolved. Thank you roland. And once again I'm sorry for my previous post regarding the pitch bend issue. Cheers.