on fantom 06, how do i change leslie speed on preset organs in a cene by a controller ?

Forum for the Fantom-0 workstation/synthesizer
mr music person

on fantom 06, how do i change leslie speed on preset organs in a cene by a controller ?

Post by mr music person »

is it possable to change the leslie speed of preset organs in a scene globaly in a scene (or even single tone but globaly prefered) for both that are either scences compleatly full of preset full organs and sepeperate scences of split preset organs, the speed change effecting both sides of split. can this be done by useing mod wheel, forward fast normal slow, or a single push joystick forward fast than another push for slow. i cant for the life of me understand why the preset organs arnt allready programed to do this. many other keyboards on the market do that like my DS88 also my 2 FA06's can be programed latching swith to do such, so why not the fantom o. and my kronos also does same. if this can br done than can someone give me persicic guidance how. thanx. cheers.
xp30

Re: on fantom 06, how do i change leslie speed on preset organs in a cene by a controller ?

Post by xp30 »

Is this the same question as viewtopic.php?f=72&t=69279? Personally, I feel more motivated to answer if I have the feeling that effort was put into the question, because then other readers will also benefit. Anyway, let me give a short answer:

Let's focus only on Z-Core presets and ignore VTW.

Not all Z-Core organ presets have a rotary effect, and if they have no rotary effect, then there is obviously also no controller mapping.

PR-B 0311 Perc Rotary Org is the 3rd preset in the organ category, and the 1st with a rotary effect. The speed is mapped to SYS-CTRL-1, which is by default mapped to CC#1 (which is the modulation lever). I have not confirmed it, however, I think most organ presets with rotary effect do the same thing.

There is nothing unusual about it. It works like all MFX controls, and it can be assigned to different controls, including switches (momentary or latching) and pedals. For more information, see MFX CTRL in the manual.
mr music person

Re: on fantom 06, how do i change leslie speed on preset organs in a cene by a controller ?

hi, ok, xp30, thanx for your qick reply, and yes all the organs i have selected and put into scenes both full organs and split organs do have rotary effect on them. yes i will try and foolow your advice and check out that section of the manual, from what you say it should be easy. best for me, is to set it to latching switch. (also ifor those preset organs you say dont have by default, i assume you can add it in its MXF ?) as i was able to do on my 2 FA06's (i love roland gear, also have DS88 and ax-keytar., and in the past, DS61,, juno stage/Di,,GW8,, D50, and my 1st ever polyphonic synth juno 60 which was sadly stolen 30 years ago. so thanks again for your help and will let you know if succesful. cheers
mr music person

hi xp30, ive been working on getting the leslie speed to change by controllers but not sure what i did to do it but have had some success. . only problem is can only get some to work from modulation wheel. in same casses it mearly changed the volume slightly and not leslie speed. also some patches changed speed pressing S1 but only while pressing it. but wen i tried to set as latch as would prefer that way ,obviously, it would only stay as momentry dispite selecting latch in system. no idea why this is happening. also some organs still wouldnt have rotary work wen selecting rotary in MFX and/or the effect was so weak to be hardley noticeable, while others that where working correctly with sppeed change by wheel there where many that did, dont quite know how i did it, had very prominate leslie effect so dont understand why some organs with leslie had sppeed change and strong leslie effect while others only slight or no lesle effect even wen selecting rotary as MFX in the organs where it was default xchorus. ill read through the manual again but its not very clear in exsplaing the routines. but ill persivere. thanx for ur help and any more directions greatfully recived. cheers.