Disable Touchscreen

Forum for the Fantom-0 workstation/synthesizer
pianoman41

Disable Touchscreen

Post by pianoman41 »

My touchscreen is acting up--jumping to various spots like it's being touched when it's not. It's changing Scenes and parameters on me while I'm playing. I'm going to send it in for repair but I have two gigs coming up and need to use it. Any way to disable the touch screen? I can navigate with the buttons and jog wheel to get around to everything I need and it would temporarily solve my problem if I could disable the touch function.
poneymagik

Re: Disable Touchscreen

Post by poneymagik »

Hello, ran into this issue today, i bought my unit a month ago, did you find any work around ? Cheers
Old No7

Post by Old No7 »

I'm about to get a Fanton-0 so I'll be watching this...

Q: Did either of you clean the touchscreen with a "touchscreen safe" cleaner? I wonder if that could help.

And I hope you get other helpful replies if the above does not work...

Old No7
poneymagik

Post by poneymagik »

I used a microfiber cloth to clean it. I sent it for repair.
gfan80

Post by gfan80 »

Last year when I got my Fantom 07, it was acting weird w/ the touch screen. If I recall correctly, whenever I pressed something on the screen it would go modify a function on another area. I thought I was going crazy. Doing a factory reset and firmware update did not help fix this. I had to send it back and the replacement took over two months! Getting the new one was delayed because of something going on with the supply chain.

I will say the Fantom 07 is a great keyboard. I have been working out how to use the functions recently and I'm learning a lot more now these past weeks than I have in the past year.
pianoman41

Post by pianoman41 »

Old No7 wrote: 00:02, 24 August 2023 I'm about to get a Fanton-0 so I'll be watching this...

Q: Did either of you clean the touchscreen with a "touchscreen safe" cleaner? I wonder if that could help.

And I hope you get other helpful replies if the above does not work...

Old No7
I have cleaned the screen to no avail. This is definitely hardware related and it has become worse over time, to the point where the board is now unplayable because it is constantly changing Scenes, either via the Scene select screen or using Chain Play. I'm working with a local repair shop to see how long it will take because Roland USA is famous for being unresponsive or have significant lag times for repairs due to parts unavailability.