Fantom 0 - expansions/models

Forum for the Fantom-0 workstation/synthesizer
Goon

Fantom 0 - expansions/models

Post by Goon »

Looking at grabbing a Fantom 06, but I have a query regarding expansions, how many can I load into it?

can I for example buy and load the 4 model expansions and have the sh101, juno 106, jupiter 8 and jx 8p, along with say EXZ015 Vintage Synth and a number of the Zen sound packs?
xp30

Re: Fantom 0 - expansions/models

Post by xp30 »

Goon wrote: 14:48, 20 August 2023 Looking at grabbing a Fantom 06, but I have a query regarding expansions, how many can I load into it?

can I for example buy and load the 4 model expansions and have the sh101, juno 106, jupiter 8 and jx 8p, along with say EXZ015 Vintage Synth and a number of the Zen sound packs?
The limiting factor are the 256 MB that are shared by (a) Wave Expansions (EXZ), (b) SuperNatural AP and EP, and (c) user keyboard and multi samples. The 4 model expansions need effectively no space. If the sound packs contain keyboard/multi samples, then they require some space. However, I think most of them do not include samples.

AFAIK, the 3 SuperNatural AP/EP expansions are preinstalled, and they can be removed. If you remove them and install one wave expansion (EXZ015), then you should still have 75-80% of the memory available for keyboard/multi samples.
Goon

Post by Goon »

Great thanks, with the Zen sound packs are the drum kits also available within the Fantom-0?

How many of the tones can the Fantom hold?
xp30

Post by xp30 »

Goon wrote: 18:31, 24 August 2023 Great thanks, with the Zen sound packs are the drum kits also available within the Fantom-0?

How many of the tones can the Fantom hold?
I have no experience with the sound packs, and I do not know if sound packs contain drum kits.

The big Fantom can store 2,048 user Zen-core tones and 128 user drum kits. I assume that the Fantom-0 has the same capacity. However, I was not able to quickly confirm that.
Goon

Post by Goon »

Gonna be ordering next couple days now, another quick question, when I install some model expansio, i.e Jupiter 8 - do the presets included with that model also show in the main tone browser, for example a Juipter 8 pad, be listed under the main Pad button?