Sample Mapping

Forum for the Fantom-0 workstation/synthesizer
reticulum4

Sample Mapping

Post by reticulum4 »

I’m having trouble figuring out how to map my user created samples. Is it possible to have one octave of a drum kit, and then 2 octaves of like a bass sound and then 2 octaves of like strings? The most I can find on YouTube is how to sample, how to split the keyboard, how to edit a drum kit. This doesn’t seem as user friendly as a traditional sampler. Yet they advertise it as being a keyboard, synth, sampler. Any advice or resources would be greatly appreciated.
xp30

Re: Sample Mapping

Post by xp30 »

reticulum4 wrote: 23:41, 23 August 2023 I’m having trouble figuring out how to map my user created samples. Is it possible to have one octave of a drum kit, and then 2 octaves of like a bass sound and then 2 octaves of like strings? The most I can find on YouTube is how to sample, how to split the keyboard, how to edit a drum kit. This doesn’t seem as user friendly as a traditional sampler. Yet they advertise it as being a keyboard, synth, sampler. Any advice or resources would be greatly appreciated.
It can be done in multiple ways. For your example, I would create 3 different tones:
  • A drum kit tone for the drum kit.
  • A Zen-Core tone for the bass.
  • A Zen-Core tone for the strings.
Then create a scene with 3 zones and use the split function (keyboard ranges). There is a lot of information out there about creating splits (and assigning key ranges) on the Fantom.

For the Zen-Core tones, there are two parts: Creating multi-samples, and then creating a Zen-Core tone (partial) with the multi-sample. loopop covered this part in his "FANTOM Version 2" Youtube video. I did a quick Youtube search, and I could not quickly find a better source than that.

For drum kit tones, you import your samples as "keyboard samples", and the rest is normal drum kit editing. I have not seen many resources about this topic. I think it is a niche topic. Consider experimenting with it, and then ask specific questions about the parts where you need help.