Roland Fantom-0 - how many EXZ expansions simultaneously

Forum for the Fantom-0 workstation/synthesizer
Oleq

Roland Fantom-0 - how many EXZ expansions simultaneously

Post by Oleq »

Hello! Excuse me if the matter has already been discussed here...
But recently someone said that amount of memory of this Fantom-0-line for expansions is so little that you can only load four EXZ ones...
Is that so?
What if I want to keep all the pre-loaded stuff (from the factory)?
How many EXZ-expansions (which are based on SRX-boards) will Roland-0 allow me to load (side-by-side)?
pianoman41

Re: Roland Fantom-0 - how many EXZ expansions simultaneously

Post by pianoman41 »

I have everything from the factory, plus all four model expansions (and their factory patches) PLUS four of the EXZ expansions packs PLUS 10 keyboard samples and it all fits with about 0.5MB to spare. Not to mention 48 pad samples.

So four additional EXZ expansions is probably correct if you want to keep all the factory stuff.
Oleq

Post by Oleq »

pianoman41 wrote: 02:15, 6 September 2023 I have everything from the factory, plus all four model expansions (and their factory patches) PLUS four of the EXZ expansions packs PLUS 10 keyboard samples and it all fits with about 0.5MB to spare. Not to mention 48 pad samples.

So four additional EXZ expansions is probably correct if you want to keep all the factory stuff.
Thanks.
Old No7

Post by Old No7 »

Good to know! (Have a Fantom-08 on the way...) Thanks!

Old No7
anotherscott2022

Post by anotherscott2022 »

Oleq wrote: 14:15, 4 September 2023 What if I want to keep all the pre-loaded stuff (from the factory)?
How many EXZ-expansions (which are based on SRX-boards) will Roland-0 allow me to load (side-by-side)?
From the factory, two piano expansions are loaded into the expansion memory. I figured I would just keep the one I liked better, I ended up ditching both of them. (You can always re-load them if you ever want them back.) By clearing up that space, you'd have room for up to 8 SRX expansions, which you may well find more valuable than keeping some other pianos around. In my case, the Fantom-0 is a "top board" and I prefer to play the pianos in my bottom board altogether, so there was really no reason to take up valuable expansion space with some extra pianos. I ended up loading 4 SRX expansions, and am using the rest for custom samples.