sustain pedal and rotary speed

Forum for the Fantom-0 workstation/synthesizer
master99

sustain pedal and rotary speed

Post by master99 »

Hi there,
at my nord electro I use my sustain pedal to hold the tone (like it´s usually), but simultaneous it´s accelerate the rotary speek. And inverse the same, rotary is going slower. So it is very fine to play for me, because playing organsound I dont use the sustain only 1-2 seconds.
No my question. It´s possible at the Fantom-0, to root the signal of sustain pedal simultaneous to hold/sustain and Rotary Speed High and Low?

best regards
Norbert Roemer
xp30

Re: sustain pedal and rotary speed

Post by xp30 »

master99 wrote: 15:34, 20 September 2023 It´s possible at the Fantom-0, to root the signal of sustain pedal simultaneous to hold/sustain and Rotary Speed High and Low?
No, you can not do it directly on the Fantom-0. The sustain pedal input can only be used for hold/sustain.

It is possible to do it with an external MIDI routing component that is connected to the USB to-host port. It can receive the sustain pedal signal from the Fantom-0, and send back the signal for changing the speed of the rotary effect. I guess there are a few iPad apps that can be configured to do that. I recently started a discussion about DIY solutions (https://forums.rolandclan.com/viewtopic ... 66&t=69971), because there are many things that could be done with an external MIDI brain.
enef

Post by enef »

In case you haven’t found a resolution yet, I’ve got around the problem by purchasing a simple adapter consisting of a female mono Jack to two mono male jacks. The male Jack end of your sustain pedal should go into the female Jack input of the adapter. Then plug one of the adapter’s male Jacks into Control Pedal input 1 and the other male into the Hold input.
The Hold continues to work for sustaining piano whilst still allowing rotary speed variations to proceed provided it’s configured to Control input 1.
Old No7

Post by Old No7 »

enef wrote: 00:29, 24 October 2023 I’ve got around the problem by purchasing a simple adapter...
Awesome! I like simple and cost-effective fixes like this.

My Mojo 61 had the capability built-in to the sustain pedal -- as I've never used a half-moon Leslie switch (hands were too busy doing something else) and now that it's been sold off, I might try this trick on my Hammond SK Pro. "1 less pedal" would be a good thing.

Old No7