How much of an upgrade in Fantom 0 over FA06?

Forum for the Fantom-0 workstation/synthesizer
Deadkeys

How much of an upgrade in Fantom 0 over FA06?

Post by Deadkeys »

Have a FA06 and love it but kinda like the workflow upgrade and better drum sounds on Fantom 06
What is the best part of the Fantom that I would upgrade for? Sound, Workflow? other features?
Saxifraga

Re: How much of an upgrade in Fantom 0 over FA06?

Post by Saxifraga »

My knowledge is only from YT videos and some playing around in the shop, but what you get is mostly a different sequencer that works with "Scenes" and Patterns that repeat until you activate the next row of pattern of build a song from those patterns in a scene. You don't get a linear sequencer.
You don't get much else other than some Zencore "models" of Jupiter 8 and SH 101 and JX-3P which you have to pay for.
The keybed seems to be a little better and you get that "analog filter". It also has more knobs and sliders!
You won't get ACB synth models from the AIRA or Boutique range and no V-Piano.
Instead of "upgrading" to a Fantom or Fantom-0x I just bought an MC-707 (8 tracks instead of 16). Perfect machine to play with repeating EDM patterns.
My Fantom Gs are enought to do all the linear sequencing I want. I added an Integra 7 to it for more SuperNatural sounds and those mighty SRX boards.