Anyone Have Their Juno-X / First Impressions?

The three-in-one Juno
thedecider

Anyone Have Their Juno-X / First Impressions?

Post by thedecider »

I'm considering a JUNO-X, and if you own one I'm curious what you think. I've read the entire GS thread, and it's mostly people complaining it's not analog, still... I get it, but at the same time it doesn't really matter because there are many excellent analog choices out there.

The JUNO-X looks very fun and inspiring to use. I'm familiar with ZEN-Core so it might to need to find its way to this studio :-)

I read on GS that Roland is still getting the first units out to many places, but someone mentioned there's a waiting list.
Duplobaustein

Re: Anyone Have Their Juno-X / First Impressions?

Post by Duplobaustein »

I'll get one tomorrow. Can give feedback after a few days. :)
Duplobaustein

Post by Duplobaustein »

First impression: great build quality, very good keybed (not as weighted as the Jupiter X though), looks amazing. I swapped from the Jupiter X and I like it so far.
thedecider

Post by thedecider »

Thanks for the reply, Duplobaustein!

So the keys spring back quicker than a Jupiter-X—am I understanding that right? As long as they feel better than something like a System-8 or Juno-DS I think I'd be happy. I love those keyboards but the keybed is so cheap, and it's shorter. These are true full-size keys from what I've seen.

Someone on GS said the panel / front plate above the keys bent or flexed with a bit of pressure. Anything like that happening? Don't buy a demo unit folks haha...
Duplobaustein

Post by Duplobaustein »

Can't say if they spring back quicker, but it's definitely lighter. Still a great keybed imho. Totally subjective of course. Ifaik it's the same keybed as in the Fantom 06/07.

Haven't mentioned anything on the panel side, but I usually don't press them down heavily. ;)
jezric

Post by jezric »

Just got mine yesterday, so far on its own it's great. The sound is pretty awesome (aside from the built in speakers which are really a joke imo), still getting used to the functionality, mainly the menu system and how to use the buttons on the panel. I used to have a Juno-6 way back in the day, so the interface is quite familiar. Love that you can have 4+ parts going at once.

However, the MIDI clock/sync implementation seems to be incomplete, so keeping it in sync with other gear seems impossible right now. I just posted about this with details... Hopefully they will address/fix this with firmware. This is the only really disappointing part so far.
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=68996