What features would you like to see in Juno-X?

The three-in-one Juno
delichef

What features would you like to see in Juno-X?

Post by delichef »

I've been enjoying my Juno-X! Surprised there isn't more discussion online about it.

I'm curious what features other people would like to see in future updates.

I'll start with:
- Favorites / Patch management. Scenes are easy enough, would love to have a way to quickly get to tones that I like or make my own categories/lists of them.
- Multi-timbral parts. I think it'd be awesome if I could create a scene with 4 parts and a drum kit and sequence each part individually via different midi channels. It'd be like a MKS-7 on steroids.
delichef

Re: What features would you like to see in Juno-X?

Post by delichef »

I guess I'll add:
- the ability to "lock" effects in place. The Kemper does this really well. You can lock a favorite reverb or delay patch, etc in place so even when you switch patches whatever you have locked will override the setting on the patch. Good for also having certain effects off by default (like if you use an external pedal or you never want reverb, etc).
DesertBoat

Post by DesertBoat »

- Favorites / Patch management. Scenes are easy enough, would love to have a way to quickly get to tones that I like or make my own categories/lists of them.

The WC-1 gives some of this, allows assigning some patches as favorite

- Multi-timbral parts. I think it'd be awesome if I could create a scene with 4 parts and a drum kit and sequence each part individually via different midi channels. It'd be like a MKS-7 on steroids.

Isn't this built in already. It is a five part synth. Channelization is very flexible. When remote keyboard is off, each part has its own midi channel.- the

- ability to "lock" effects in place.

The master effects (chorus / delay / reverb) can be changed to SYSTEM, configured as desired, then written.

The part effects are controlled individually in the scenes. The default scene part effects setting is to follow the Tone, i.e., use the Mfx assigned by the Tone designer. This setting can be overridden in the scene by turing off FolTonMfx.

An initialized scene comes up with FolTonMfx on for all five parts, which means the individual tone Mfx settings apply. (Although, for part 5, FolTonMfx on actually means no part effect.)
delichef

Post by delichef »

DesertBoat wrote: 14:58, 23 December 2022The WC-1 gives some of this, allows assigning some patches as favorite
Indeed, I picked up the WC-1. Would be nice to have it all within the keyboard but the WC-1 can be a workaround.
DesertBoat wrote: 14:58, 23 December 2022Isn't this built in already. It is a five part synth. Channelization is very flexible. When remote keyboard is off, each part has its own midi channel.
Oh nice! I skimmed the manual but looking at the parameter reference guide sure enough it's there! I'll play around with it, thanks!
DesertBoat wrote: 14:58, 23 December 2022The master effects (chorus / delay / reverb) can be changed to SYSTEM, configured as desired, then written.

The part effects are controlled individually in the scenes. The default scene part effects setting is to follow the Tone, i.e., use the Mfx assigned by the Tone designer. This setting can be overridden in the scene by turing off FolTonMfx.

An initialized scene comes up with FolTonMfx on for all five parts, which means the individual tone Mfx settings apply. (Although, for part 5, FolTonMfx on actually means no part effect.)
I need to look more into this...thanks for the response!
MartyTanx

Post by MartyTanx »

Sorry my english isn't good
- browse sounds by categories with the juno x ( like the editor , Pad, Bass etc...)
- for buying a juno x : Have one free model expansion ! (for example Jx8p, i know that christmas is ending !)
- Can save unlimited scene or preset with the editor on pc (i don't know if we can do that )
- Write each live changes with fader on a daw ( Cutoff, resonnance ) (i don't know if we can do that too )

make an update with the editor for browse categorie of preset with Juno 106 , 60 , 6...
pad Jx  editor.jpg
pad Jx editor.jpg (159.41 KiB) Viewed 1759 times
thedecider

Post by thedecider »

I don't yet own a JUNO-X, but I'm very interested and would love to have as close an experience as possible to the og hardware.

My requested feature, if it's not already in there, is to have the ability to cap voices and make the Juno models true 6-voice polysynths. I really like the sound engines, but when I see JUNO-X comparison demos with an analog 106 or 60 my main concern is I can still tell the voices bleed on the X and there's no stealing like on the originals. This voice stealing keeps the sound clean and forward-moving. I actually like this on my Prophet-6/OB-6. I see that the JUNO-X is a modern instrument so it's expected to have more voices, and it's certainly nice to not worry about running out, but I'd like the X to perform within the limitations of the 106 and 60 models. It would certainly feel more authentic from a performance side of things.

Does anyone know if this is possible? If not implemented, I can't imagine it'd be hard to do, and it'd really finish selling me on it. In fact, if someone confirms this, I'll likely order this week haha.

Thanks!