Assign filter to the bender?

The three-in-one Juno
gstoelen

Assign filter to the bender?

Post by gstoelen »

Hi all,
Perhaps I missed this in the manual of the Juno-X, but on the old Juno-106 and Juno-60 you could assign the VCF to the bender, but is there a way to do this on the Juno-X as well? So far I've only seen it change the pitch.
Also, the Juno-6 had a dedicated button for the square wave, which I don't see on the Juno-X. I'm presuming that only the square wave is active when you slide the value of the "Saw wave" to "OFF" on the Juno-X?
Thanks for any feedback :)
xp30

Re: Assign filter to the bender?

Post by xp30 »

gstoelen wrote: 20:17, 5 January 2023 Perhaps I missed this in the manual of the Juno-X, but on the old Juno-106 and Juno-60 you could assign the VCF to the bender, but is there a way to do this on the Juno-X as well? So far I've only seen it change the pitch.
For the Juno-X, Juno-106 and Juno-60 models, there is a BEND FILTER option that "specifies the range of filter change produced by pitch bend." Look for "BEND FILTER" in the Juno-X Parameter Guide for more information.

For Z-Core tones, you can configure it in the control matrix (aka matrix control). Look for "matrix control" in the Juno-X Parameter Guide for more information.
gstoelen

Post by gstoelen »

Thanks for your feedback :) I spent a few days digging thru the documentation and in the end I tried the Juno-X Editor, and I was able to assign the bender to the cutoff filter, and I could pick a square wave to Part 1 (and switched the other parts to OFF).
Not sure if that's what you meant, but it worked out this way :D
It's a bit of a steep learning curve for me, but I'll get there.
Attachments
OSC set to Square Wave
OSC set to Square Wave
Screenshot 2023-01-08 at 20.11.56.jpg (41.59 KiB) Viewed 1270 times
Bender assignment
Bender assignment
Screenshot 2023-01-08 at 20.11.36.jpg (30.09 KiB) Viewed 1270 times
xp30

Post by xp30 »

gstoelen wrote: 20:21, 8 January 2023 Not sure if that's what you meant, but it worked out this way :D
Yes, the second image shows the matrix control, and it can be used in Z-Core tones to map the cutoff frequency to the pitch bend lever. For Z-Core tones, it makes sense to use the external editor, because of the number of parameters.

As mentioned before, it works differently in the model expansions tones. There is the dedicated option BEND FILTER, and you should be able to find it in the menu on the Juno-X. See page 25 in the reference manual.

The Juno model expansion tones are simpler than the Z-Core tones, and they also better match the physical controls on the Juno-X. In particular at the beginning, using the Juno model expansion tones might be more rewarding.