Buffer full error

The three-in-one Juno
quag2000

Buffer full error

Post by quag2000 »

I'm having trouble with the Juno-X suddenly throwing a "buffer full" error message while I'm playing. This renders all buttons and controls unresponsive until dismissed.

I haven't been able to re-produce it on demand, but it MIGHT be occurring while:
a) Connected to a midi device (maybe)
b) Playing an i-Arp (every time)

I suspect the midi device connection is a false positive though, as the device (A DAW) would not have been set to send anything back to the Juno-X at the time. I've just updated to 1.11 Juno-X software. I'll report back here if I can narrow it down more.

Has anyone else experienced Buffer Full errors? What was the context?
xp30

Re: Buffer full error

Post by xp30 »

quag2000 wrote: 02:00, 25 June 2023 I'm having trouble with the Juno-X suddenly throwing a "buffer full" error message while I'm playing. This renders all buttons and controls unresponsive until dismissed.
The Juno-X Reference Manual lists the following error messages that contain the words "buffer" and "full":
  • MIDI Buffer Full!: The MIDI IN connector's input buffer has overflowed.
  • Buffer Full 000: Controller control buffer overflowed.
  • Buffer Full 001: Parameter control buffer overflowed.
  • Buffer Full 002: Panel CPU message reception buffer overflowed.
  • Buffer Full 003: User interface control buffer overflowed.
  • Buffer Full 004: MIDI System Exclusive transmission control buffer overflowed.
Is it one of these messages? If so, it should give a hint where exactly the overflow happens, and how to stop if from happening.
quag2000

Re: Buffer full error

Post by quag2000 »

In my case it was "Buffer Full 001: Parameter control buffer overflowed".

At the time I was playing the Juno stand alone and using i-Arp Scenes. It wasn't getting worked hard at all either. No parameter changes on the knobs and sliders.

I have stopped it occurring by completely disabling Bluetooth, so it would appear that the bluetooth / network midi side of things is to blame. I had no routing or apps that I could identify sending any data back to the Juno. My Mac and iPac were in another room. However since turning their bluetooth connection off completely, no troubles. I'll try and identify exactly what was going on at some point, but given the circumstances, I'd say this might pop up occasionally for some others.