How much is a replacement MV-8000 display?

Forum for MV-8000/8800
SekondThought

How much is a replacement MV-8000 display?

Post by SekondThought »

Hi all.

I recently saw a bargain MV-8000 for sale locally, but there is a problem with it's display (I guess this baby has been on all day for about 3 years, as one side of the built in display is unreadable, a problem with burn-in it seems) and I was just wondering how much it would be to get it fixed (in UK pounds) or if it can be fixed at all.

I know I can use a VGA display, so it's not really an issue, but it's still quite a bit of cash to spend on a machine and I'd like to know if I can make it like new, as there is no cosmetic damage to it at all.

Thanks!

SekondThought
"Computers are cool, but hardware rules".
Doug Crazy

Re: How much is a replacement MV-8000 display?

Post by Doug Crazy »

Looks like you and I will be using the same equipment. I still haven't gotten my MV yet.... my dollars are a bit short but SOON !!!!!

(sorry I didnt have an answer to your question)
Krokodilen

Post by Krokodilen »

Hi,

I don't have the answer either but maby peopple at MVnation can point you in the right direction?
SekondThought

Post by SekondThought »

Doug Crazy - Yep, I guess so. I think it will make a great addition to the MC-808, as you said in another post, best of both worlds!

Krokodilen - thanks, I've registered and just waiting for my account to be activated so I can post a question.

SekondThought
spiral

Post by spiral »

mike acosta

Post by mike acosta »

Try calling Roland US customer service and they should be able to give you a price on a replacement lcd screen.

Mike Acosta - Roland U.S
www.rolandus.com
Heres the latest video on the MV-8000 ver 3.5
http://www.rolandus.com/products/produc ... on_3_5.flv
SekondThought

Post by SekondThought »

Thanks all for the advice.

As it turns out, the store that had the MV sold the unit in question, but because they knew I was interested in getting one, they have sourced another one from Roland, put in a VGA/Mouse board and are going to do it for the same price! How cool is that? And this one is newer, deosn't have the screen issue and is in as new condition! It's arriving at the store on Monday and I'm collecting it/paying for it on Tuesday...I can't wait!

:)

SekondThought
SekondThought

Post by SekondThought »

Well, here it is, the day of collecting my MV-8000...

I have very high hopes for this machine and I hope it lives up to them. I've been looking on various internet sites and it looks like a solid choice, it being a mature machine that has gone through a lot of updates to get itself where it is now (which I guess is better than buying something new out, because all the bugs have been found and (I hope) gotten rid of, though I am curious to know if there is going to be a follow up product soon).

Once I've paid my £1,149.00 for the MV (with VGA board included), gotten it home and set it up, I'll post back with what I think about it.

See you all later!

SekondThought
Doug Crazy

Post by Doug Crazy »

Im Jealous !

You are about to grow bigger muscles
SekondThought

Post by SekondThought »

Well, I've been home a little while now and all I can say is, the deal didn't work out. The store had the MV, but it looked like it had been used by the US military for target practice!!! I have never seen a machine in such bad condition...dirt in the faders, a huge scratch down the left hand side and the screen on this one was so worn in, it was almost totally unreadable...so, as you can guess I didn't buy it, but it wasn't a wasted trip though.

I got to check out the V-Synth XT rack and was really blown away with it (so much so, that it will be the next thing I buy). I did spend some cash today though, and I really should mention what I bought on here, because it wasn't a Roland product (sorry guys, you lost out until I've saved up more cash for the V-Synth XT).

SekondThought