Mr Mike Acosta; The MV8800!

Forum for MV-8000/8800
Cheebatone

Mr Mike Acosta; The MV8800!

Post by Cheebatone »

http://www.rolandus.com/products/produc ... arentId=72

Not everything I'd hoped for...

So, Mike, tell me, has the MC909's Turntable Emulation feature bitten the dust as far as future products are concerned?

Or (fingers crossed!) can any of the MV8800 assignable sliders/faders control tempo in the same way?

Cheers!
Cheebatone

Re: Mr Mike Acosta; The MV8800!

Post by Cheebatone »

On closer inspection, the new MV8800 seems to only have a colour screen and the inclusion of the VGA output board as new features. Is that really it?! Please, tell me what I'm missing...
Mans

Post by Mans »

From another board:

Built in VGA card with mouse capabilities stock.
Full on-board color screen
New internal HD for some improved load times on projects and saving
Auto Zero Cross on sample editing in patch mode
Fade In & Fade Out on sample editing from the Sample Manager
Exportable MFX Analog Bass Synth Patchs , great for online trading and swaping
Exportable Audio Phrase Banks ( just like patchs ) you can swap phrase banks online and will allow for future downloadable loops and content.
Up to 500 patterns per project in Pattern Mode
Selectable projects upon boot-up via the F5 button
Automatically boots into Pattern Mode
Dedicated Pattern & Song Buttons on the front panel
Pattern Play mode now allows for playing of Audio Phrases on top of patterns in REAL-TIME.
Pattern Track now allows for Real-Time recording including input quantize while playing the pads which trigger patterns. Only step-rec was available on the Pattern Track.

Also includes over 400MB of sounds

Over 50 new drum kits
Plus a special Vintage Collection which includes tons of classic drum machines from the 80's & 90's
( this does not include whatever was offered as FREE downloads for the MV-8000 ) ALL NEW STUFF
Cheebatone

Post by Cheebatone »

Thanks Mans!
Doug Crazy

Post by Doug Crazy »

MV8800--- equals another ROLAND fumble. If you own the 8000 dont even worry about this piece. It was so funny watching Mike do the video for the MV8800.... its like a carbon copy of when he was working on the 8000. Roland made this machine for other reasons... nothing to do with making a better machine... its other things involved that made them make the 8800.... but thats a whole other story. The MV 8000 is a great piece. Only a fool would buy the new one if they already own the 8000. If you DONT own the 8000...then indeed go buy the 8800.

AT least it wasnt a total disaster like the mc-808.
Cheebatone

Post by Cheebatone »

QUOTE: Roland made this machine for other reasons... nothing to do with making a better machine... its other things involved that made them make the 8800.... but thats a whole other story.

Please tell me this story.
dr_boehm

Post by dr_boehm »

Hi Mr. Crazy,

i dont want a big discussion but i do not see the mc-808 as a disaster. In fact i love this machine. I found it as a good replacement for composing songs. In my eyes its easy to use, has many interesting sounds on board, i can load megabytes of samples and i love the faders allways showing up at the right position.

I use it a combination with a korg radias and found the mc-808 as a perfect partner for the radias (radias: brilliant v/a sounds wonderful to edit, mc-808 many good sample based sounds - easy to edit).

Ciao, Dirk.
bass6strng

Post by bass6strng »

I don't see many MV8000 users upgrading to the 8800. I definitely won't. Very happy with the MV8000 with ver 3.5.

bass6strng
Mans

Post by Mans »

"Please tell me this story."

I think he means that the 8000 was forbidden to be sold in the EU because of a lead solder that's not allowed here.
hawkens_

What's new on MV-8800 ???

Post by hawkens_ »

1) According to that list of what's new, and excluding small improvements, I have expected something more, maybe more powefull FX unit or smaller / smarter box. Is threre nothing really new on 8800 more than color display and VGA card?

Typical Roland's tricks of this days: old stuff packed into "new" products. No wonder peple dont upgrade from MV8000! Fortunatelly the price is decent - EUR 2000 is fine.

2) Is it on stores right now, or when it will start in distribution ?
Doug Crazy

Post by Doug Crazy »

"I think he means that the 8000 was forbidden to be sold in the EU because of a lead solder that's not allowed here. "

Bingo
hawkens_

Post by hawkens_ »

Really ? I have seen MV-8000 in many shop's price lsit in Europe: here in Slovakia, Czech republic, Germany etc.
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

hawkens
of course you do - the last ones ;-)

Yes, we have a "thing" here in Europe about "soldering" . If you care to know more about it check THIS.
So, no wonder that some products are beeing "repacked" and updated. They must do it if they want to keep selling it.
hawkens_

Post by hawkens_ »

Okay, not a big deal since price of 8800 is acceptable.

What about USB there, anybody knows is the USB 1.1 or 2.0 ?