MV 8800 with VGA

Forum for MV-8000/8800
DJ Johnny D

MV 8800 with VGA

Post by DJ Johnny D »

Hi all, im seriously considering copping a 8800 but in all the ads (scratch magazine platinum sounds etc) you see it with the vga monitor, however seems none of the sites sell them, how neccessary is the 14 inch monitor? thanks for the help

http://www.roland.com/products/en/MV-88 ... ro_R_L.jpg
Septimo

Re: MV 8800 with VGA

Post by Septimo »

The monitor is not needed at all if you don't want...It's only in the ad to show you it has VGA capabilities...I already had a pc monitor for it, but while I was learning the machine I was only using the built in screen so I can force myself to learn where everything is...once I knew, then I used the monitor...and even then, it's still kinda nice to work only with the small screen, though the the VGA screen is faster to work with being able to shortcut everything with the mouse and still being able to control with it's own interface at the same time..However the mouse doesn't function without the VGA on. But like I said, while you learn to navigate the machine stay off the VGA so you don't develop bad habits, and you'll be glad you did...And that way you don't depend on it to work with....

Good luck on the purchase...You'll love it....

Septimo ,'^)
X6
XT
MV8800
djayhooker

Post by djayhooker »

Thought the 8800 came with the vga option. I thought the 8000 you only had to buy it...which roland don't sell in europe now...:eyesroll:
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

Naw man, the vga connection option on the 8800 is there automaticly(stock) unlike the 8000...what isn't there is the actual monitor...That's your responsibility....but yes, it's(vga connection) there...

Septimo ,'^)
X6
XT
MV8800