What do you wanna see in the next MV?

Forum for MV-8000/8800
Clavinet

What do you wanna see in the next MV?

Post by Clavinet »

I have no clue when Roland will release the new MV (2011-2012?) but I contacted Roland and asked if I could come in contact with the developers of the MV so they could use some of my "ideas", the replied NO! They want to come up with their own ideas, ok I respect that but I still think they should listen to us potential buyers and users. So here it goes - name the things you would want to see in the new MV-series and maybe just maybe some people at Roland will actually listen! =)

The things I want to see is:¨

Direct Note Access = That's the thing Celemony are working on now with Melodyne to be realeased early 2009. Roland should by 2011-2012 be able to use the same technology - Probably a worlds first when it comes to hardware...

Realtime Polyphonic Pitch-to-MIDI: Well the name says it all! ;)

4GB RAM

Lots of experimental MIDI-functions for the midi-sequencer like those found in Cubase SX3, is it even possible to reverse MIDI with the MV-8800? If not make it happen in the next one. :)

There's more but I'll wait and see what others have to say.

I'm thinking about buying the MV-8800, but something tells me to wait for the new one instead....eventhough it'll tale years before they release it.

All the best!
C
Septimo

Re: What do you wanna see in the next MV?

Post by Septimo »

I would like to at least one update for this machine before they go to the next model. I know, I'll have better luck on wishin to win the lotto.

but if we have to wait for a new machine, then...

Part Meters
Track meters
Zoomable Audio track to see the waves,not those white gum sticks we currently have..
Wave Cursor.
A ribbon controller.
A 'qwerty' keybord jack.
more realtime controllers.
And a way better cooling system.. as of now, the fader slots act as an air intake and mad dust gets in there causing the faders to act on their own without touching them and if you're recording while that happens it gets recorded as automation. Big designer Flaw..This flaw proves that Just because they are engineers, does not automaticaly mean they are smart.
DJFLEX-mk2

Roland MC-1000 [CONCEPT ART - Prototype]

Post by DJFLEX-mk2 »

ANOTHER OLD POST: DATE 8 April 2008
A post was made back then with the same Idea from a few other people we were asking the same for the next MC-909 EX???
LINK HERE -->>>

http://forums.rolandclan.info/index.php ... d=3&page=1

Roland MC-1000 "CONCEPT ART"
Or we can call it the: Roland MC-909 EX

BY: ***Xboard26***

18:08 GMT
7 April 2008

New MC-1000

1. HDD - 2.5 inches, 80 G bytes Removable Hard Drive
2. Built-in type / Multiformat support for: CD-DA, CD-ROM, 6x BD-R/R DL, 2x BD-RE, 6x BD-ROM, HD DVD-ROM, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD-RAM and CD-R/RW media
3. 4-MIDI OUT
4. 32 parts
5. 6 individual FX per parts + (REV-CHORUS-MASTERING)
6. All features from Fantom G
7. VariPhrase with TimeTripPad from V-Synth GT, which also replaces the Turntable Emulation control
8. Large Screen with mouse from Fantom G
9. Added (DAW) Sequencer built-in Editor also in Editor Software as in the (MV-8800)
10. 32 internal and 64 external midi + (16 Audio) track
11. 16 motorized faders
12. 128-voice polyphony
13. 32MB Built-in sample memory, Memory Expansion up to 1 GB using optional DIMMS, 2 slot
14. Color BLACK & SILVER metal chassis
15. Aluminium front panel
16. Advanced Multitrack Recorder Equipped
17. Automated 24-channel Stereo Mixer
18. S/PDIF digital I/O, six analog outputs and stereo analog inputs
19. USB Connector
20. Dual D Beams controller
21. all-new waveforms with Wave Expansion Board SRX Series - 4 Slot
22. Velocity-Sensitive pads
23. The new MEGAMix-II function

url: http://www.box.net/shared/un2r0a4isc

"Yea RIGHT !!!!!, But Not Bad Idea" !!!! LOL
"HEY ROLAND CORP." ! ! ! Listen to this MAN: ***Xboard26***!

He may have something here !
Let's Just Make this Thing a MONSTER from the Future !

***Merging the best from: Roland MC-505, Roland MC-808, Roland MC-909, Roland Fantom G, Roland V-Synth GT, Roland MV-8800.***

Signing off from DJFLEX-mk2

my home page is:
http://www.myspace.com/djflexmk2

"PLANET ROCK! ~ yO gEt FuNkY"
DJFLEX-mk2

Will there ever be an MC-909 or MV-8800 replacement/upgrade?

Post by DJFLEX-mk2 »

ANOTHER OLD POST: DATE 17 December 2007
LINK HERE -->>>

http://forums.rolandclan.info/index.php ... d=3&page=1

I believe Roland main heart now is only on the Roland MV-8800. Since 2003 - When they introduce the Roland MV-8000. The only Upgrade they did on this, was add a color LCD display - few changes inside the unit. Updated O.S., new panel color. Better Hard Drive. So not much changes as you see its the Same Machine the Roland MV-8000 vs Roland MV-8800.

Roland MC-909 (2002)

Roland MV-8000 (2003)

Roland MC-808 (2006)

Roland MV-8800 (2007)

Its seem's Roland Corporation life span on there gear's is only up to 4 year's til they introduce something else thats maybe better or replacement. In this case they tryed with the Roland MC-808 but its not much better then the Roland MC-909. Each machine has there own use for what people are looking to use them to make there own music. If you already have the Roland MC-909, get a laptop to add more back to back power with your Roland MC-909. The Roland MV-8800 is still a good machine don't get me wrong, but don't compare them like apples and oranges. You can even still use the Roland MV-8800 with your Roland MC-909 & Roland MC-808. Its up to you to think whats you want to add to your craft. Also up to you to feel and think what is easy on your spending for your pockets. Every machine is good as how you make them come alive when making your own music. MACHINE OR INSTRUMENTS don't make music. Its people behind the gear's - are the one who really making the music. Your gear's are only your extension of your mind.

"FEEL THE ART OF MAKING ELECTRONIC MUSIC" !

Signing off from DJFLEX-mk2

my home page is:
http://www.myspace.com/djflexmk2

"PLANET ROCK! ~ yO gEt FuNkY"