4 EFFECTS IN ONE PROJECT ???

Forum for MV-8000/8800
pes2008

4 EFFECTS IN ONE PROJECT ???

Post by pes2008 »

Hey.....I want to put some effects on a few track in one project-miditrack's....1) Hat-delay effect 2) trumpet-gramofon effect 3) strings-isolator&filter 4) bass-digital chorus..Can U write the way for me step by step how can I do that on MV8800? I will be grateful for that answer.. PiS

p.s. ...maye Know1 can give me some tips???
Know1

Re: 4 EFFECTS IN ONE PROJECT ???

Post by Know1 »

You can only use 1 MFX at a time. However you can "resample" an effect. That would leave it recorded on an Audio Track which would allow you to use another effect.

Also the delay under the chorus/Delay tab is not that bad and it can be used at any time.
Know1

Post by Know1 »

You can only use 1 MFX at a time. However you can "resample" an effect. That would leave it recorded on an Audio Track which would allow you to use another effect.

Also the delay under the chorus/Delay tab is not that bad and it can be used at any time.
otbt

Post by otbt »

Know1 wrote:You can only use 1 MFX at a time. However you can "resample" an effect. That would leave it recorded on an Audio Track which would allow you to use another effect.

That question interest me too, in that case why there are 4 AUX outputs?
Like i understand it's good when you have the MV8-OP to group some parts/partials.
For exmple: send the kick, hat, snare to AUX1, to control the level of the whole beat in the mixer, and output the AUX1 to MLT1-2, the piano-string >> AUX2 >> MLT3-4... and send the outputs to an external processor.
But if the MFX is routing to only one AUX output at the time, for what the other three? Or i miss something?
Parsifal

Post by Parsifal »

otbt wrote: But if the MFX is routing to only one AUX output at the time, for what the other three? Or i miss something?
I think they had in mind people using external effect units and sending MV dry signal to mixer / those units and back to mixer.
Know1

Post by Know1 »

otbt wrote:Like i understand it's good when you have the MV8-OP to group some parts/partials.
They are there for grouping in general. You don't need to be leaving the unit to group things. It's good for mixing. Also you can write automation to the aux channels. They did promote it as an all in one unit.