always been working but now usb not working ??

Forum for MV-8000/8800
bunman

always been working but now usb not working ??

Post by bunman »

has anyone experienced this my mv8800 sitting around for a bit went to work on it plugged in usb tryed it on 2 of my pcs wont recognize it runnin windows xp checked different usb cables still nothing also checked pcs with a memory stick on usb no probs seems like usb faulty anything i can do or how do you fix ??
bunman

Re: always been working but now usb not working ??

Post by bunman »

c mon anyone know anything about this prob
cixelsyd

Post by cixelsyd »

Did you go into the DISK/USB section and press CONNECT? If you did it sounds like a fault on the MV.
bunman

Post by bunman »

yes i did i reckon its faulty usb too did nt think that could happen i got a heap of gear with usb ports and always use the usb and it never fails but the mv it use to work now it dont weird i ll ring roland
anamorphosis

Post by anamorphosis »

ive got the same problem, my mpc usb port works fine.. as does everything else i hookup but the mv8800 was recognized by my computer once and then it kept locking up my pc... now it wont even recognize it... the usb device error ballon keeps popping up every time i connect it.
bunman

Post by bunman »

dead set seems roland has buggy usb ports i m gonna get in touch with them and i ll let you know how i went pretty crappy though
my mpc 4000 and all my other stuff usb used it too death no probs