Audio Phrase w/ BPM sync, how to keep sync after chop?

Forum for MV-8000/8800
lunitunez

Audio Phrase w/ BPM sync, how to keep sync after chop?

Post by lunitunez »

ok so I took a real funky sample (the kind that makes you want to grab a cane and limp up and down the block a few times), about 32 seconds long, I counted 48 beats, or 12 measures and then converted it to a phrase and activated the bpm sync. That worked great, but then I chopped the phrase, I believe I chopped @ 480 with the beat, so I could do some re-arranging of the sample, and noticed when I had the chops across all pads and played the pads, the bpm reverted back to the original speed of the sample and bpm sync is no longer active. Thanks in advance!
fonkydjme

Re: Audio Phrase w/ BPM sync, how to keep sync after chop?

Post by fonkydjme »

Hi, not yet an expert. Just got it for two weeks, but got around the manual within a week.

I think this. When you bpm-sync a phrase, what the mv does is only change the playback of the sample. The original sample is in ram unchanged I think.
Think you have to resample the chopped samples. Or change the playback for each chop.
Again: I'm just guessing here. So far concentrated on getting my own workmethod and making patches.
Greets
Bo
Leiden
Holland
lunitunez

Post by lunitunez »

Thanks Bo! I found an answer over at this dedicated website also, thanks for your input.

http://www.mvnation.com/phpBB/index.php
Giga

Post by Giga »

whats the proper link?
it is a downer that you can't bpm sync a patch. that is the only thing what sucks on the mv. you have to resample and that takes the fun out!
Giga

Post by Giga »

thank's lunitunez - that works great ,even if we still have to copy one by one. i wonder why this isn't in the manual!?.
Ill Green

Post by Ill Green »

http://www.mvnation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14442

Check out this ancient technique on how to keep audio phrases on time.

Its a post of mine, but its too hot today to retype it but its there.

Peace