Patches Problem

Forum for MV-8000/8800
azbeats

Patches Problem

Post by azbeats »

Hi all.

I just recently got the MV8800 and I'm trying to get to know it. I was quite surprised to see how limited it is with the stock set of patches... for such a machine, that seems to be a rip.

Anyhow, I have been trying to get more sounds into it, and I purchased the chickensys MVCreatorPRO that was mentioned in another post here, and that program has potential but seems to be a bit buggy... I cant play the sounds on the program by clicking the pads... but I did create a patch set and exported the mv0 file and transferred to the MV.

My problem is that the samples I put in the patch do not play full length! For example 1 sound sample is like 11 seconds long... when I hit the pad, it only plays the length of a drum hit... but when I preview, it plays the whole sample if hold the preview button down. Can anyone please tell me how to get the samples to play full length?

Much appreciated!
Know1

Re: Patches Problem

Post by Know1 »

Yeah the kit creator sucks. The work flow is faster within the MV. At least it is for me.

The MV is a sampler so sounds are not hard to come by. By no means is it a "rip".

If you want some free stuff check out this site.
http://www.mvofiles.com/