No sound via analog input

Forum for MV-8000/8800
Fuzzwah

No sound via analog input

Post by Fuzzwah »

I just picked up a MV-8800 and I'm trying to sample an acoustic drum kit.

I managed to get a couple of kick sounds in, then I saved & shut down. a couple hours later I thought I'd sample a couple of snare sounds... only one problem, no matter how much I turn up the input sensitivity knob, I get no signal.

Here's my signal chain : Mic > Mackie 1202-vlz > MV-8800. I tested the output from the mixer (plugged it into another recording unit) and it's giving a signal.

My input is set to analog/mono (I've tried different variations). Is there another setting I might have missed? I'm brand new at this (still within the first 3-hours of use), and I'm poring over the manuals hoping to find something. Nothing yet. I'm hoping it's just something simple I've overlooked.

Also, what's up with the MV Nation forum? I tried to register last week and never heard back from them. Tried again yesterday and still nothing.
Fuzzwah

Re: No sound via analog input

Post by Fuzzwah »

Aww jeez, I found the problem within minutes of posting...

In the Aux section of the MV-8800's mixer I had the "in" all the way down. It must have reset after the save/shutdown.

I'm still curious about MV Nation though!
Bighare

Post by Bighare »

Well done… sometimes you just have to keep on tryin till something gives! Not sure whats up with the Nation? I’ll ask… have you checked your spam folder? ;-)
NNITRED

Post by NNITRED »

To Fuzzwah-

If you reregister and let me know what username your using- I'll make sure it goes through. You can also put the Username and email you want here and i'll register your info manually.

Thanks for letting know about the problem Big Hare!
Fuzzwah

Post by Fuzzwah »

Thanks Bighare & NNITRED!

NNITRED, I just registered at MV Nation under the username Fuzzwah.
The email I'm using is: mdsaint AT gmail DOT com.

Thanks again!
NNITRED

Post by NNITRED »

done