Possible Bug - Anyone having problems previewing WAV or AIF?

Forum for MV-8000/8800
Bighare

Possible Bug - Anyone having problems previewing WAV or AIF?

Post by Bighare »

Is anyone having problems previewing WAV or AIF files when using the import button using operating system version 1.01?

It could occur when previewing samples already on your hard drive or from an audio CD or CD-ROM ?

Getting "File Unsupported" Message ?

If so report it over on MVnation as Mike Acosta is gathering information on this and may report it directly to those who can fix the bug at Roland [if it is a bug.]

http://mvnation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php ... 81#p122012
Know1

Re: Possible Bug - Anyone having problems previewing WAV or

Post by Know1 »

It may have already been present in v1.0 I think the first time that I encountered it was in that version.
bella10388

Post by bella10388 »

i don't understand the question.

Post by Bighare »

Easiest way to look at it is… Do you ever get the ‘File Unsupported’ message at all with the MV?
If you don’t get that ‘error’ then it probably doesn’t apply to you… but if you do get that message sometimes then…. does it happen at the time talked about above?
eddiefalcon

Post by eddiefalcon »

This happens to me to, I've gotten around it. Just go ahead and use the import function, if you can't preview a wav or aiff file you can just import it anyway. When it brings you to the screen of the sample with where you would like to route it, you can preview it there if you can't in the import screen. If you don't like it once importing, hit "re-try" and choose another sample.
NNITRED

Post by NNITRED »

The MV native sample format is 44.1/16bit wav.

□ Any sound that fits that format can be previewed because there is no conversion needed.

□ Files that have a different bit depth or sample rate will trigger the "File Unsupported" message.

□ If the file isn't a 44.1/16bit wav it can still be imported and it will be up or down converted to 44.1/16bit. It simply can't be previewed before loading.

Hope that helps!