PLEASE HELP!! - MV8800 Freeze at startup!!

Forum for MV-8000/8800
grypostyle

PLEASE HELP!! - MV8800 Freeze at startup!!

Post by grypostyle »

Ive been using my MV8800 for quite some time now and haven't experienced this until now. Once i turn on the unit it goes through the process of booting up song the Loading library the freezes.. I have a lot of samples and songs on this unit and hopefully i can get this going without losing anything?

Can someone help Please!! Much Appreciated!
JUKE179r

Re: PLEASE HELP!! - MV8800 Freeze at startup!!

Post by JUKE179r »

Try and reinstall OS 1.01 and reboot.
Bighare

Post by Bighare »

As Juke179r says … may work.

It could also be a RAM problem (it can go bad)
Try running the MV's diagnostic mode/test mode . Press MENU+F3 while powering on. Use the Device Auto check and it will run a RAM check and other stuff etc etc.
grypostyle

Post by grypostyle »

Thanks for your response to this.

Im currently running OS1.00. Just finished the diagnostic test and it show that everything is ok. But when i boot it up again it stalls when loading library.

I just bought a 512MB Simm to replace the 128MB i have in it right now.
Hopefully i can switch out the memory and it will boot up fine. if not i guess i will have to erase and upgrade to the OS1.01 version.

Any other information you can provide is greatly appreciated. When i receive the memory ill make the change and update you on my progress. Just incase someone else has the same problem. Thanks again!
Know1

Post by Know1 »

Have you tried creating a new project from start up? See if that works. You can do this by pressing F5 when you see "select proj" on the display.

Did you connect it to a PC without WMP disabled?
Know1

Post by Know1 »

grypostyle wrote:
I just bought a 512MB Simm to replace the 128MB i have in it right now.
Hopefully i can switch out the memory and it will boot up fine. if not i guess i will have to erase and upgrade to the OS1.01 version.
Upgrading the OS won't erase anything!!! Wait to do that though 1.0 is very stable. 1.1 is only a minor fix and may actually create another problem.
grypostyle

Post by grypostyle »

Know1 wrote:Have you tried creating a new project from start up? See if that works. You can do this by pressing F5 when you see "select proj" on the display.

Did you connect it to a PC without WMP disabled?

Just tried selecting project and it seems to work on everything except my last project. Still stalling half way into loading library. Im still waiting on my memory to see if it fixes that issue.
nakebobo5

Post by nakebobo5 »

HI,I'm having the same bootup problem.after diagnostics menu plus f3,my mv has codes PS/2 NG and HDD NG.does anyone know what this mean?
Krayzie

Post by Krayzie »

[quote="Bighare"]As Juke179r says … may work.

It could also be a RAM problem (it can go bad)
Try running the MV's diagnostic mode/test mode . Press MENU+F3 while powering on. Use the Device Auto check and it will run a RAM check and other stuff etc etc.[/quote]

I think also that RAM could be the problem. You have to unplug your MV8800 completely from the electricity. Unscrew and remove the RAM once and reinsert it. Then you should screw it back on and connect it to the electricity.