MV8000 INPUT ERROR: HELP NEEDED!!!

Forum for MV-8000/8800
brageboogie

MV8000 INPUT ERROR: HELP NEEDED!!!

Post by brageboogie »

BACKGROUND: I have an mv8000. I bought it used. It apparently used to have the extra output option, because the panel at the back was switched with that of an mv8800.

PROBLEM: the other day I was gonna sample some stuff, but no sound entered the mv. I checked the input selector. It had changed, by some freak accident, to 'OPTICAL'. The problem is that I can't select input type, since there is no expansion added to the unit. So now my mv is locked to optical input, even though I don't have any, and since I don't have the expansion, I can't change the input.

MY 2 CENTS: I use the mv mainly as my main sequencer (+ as a sampler of course). Thus the mv gets exposed to a lot of incoming midi signals. My guess is that it has misinterpreted some sysex message or something of the sort, and this has changed the input selector from ANALOG to OPTICAL, even though that shouldn't be possible. I understand that my mv is not broken, simply 'confused'. I am not a tech-wiz, so; how do I change the input back to ANALOG?!?! All help will be greatly appreciated, as I am currently without a proper sampler in my setup.

Best regards, Brage.