Patches and kits all have static echo?? Help

Forum for MV-8000/8800
89StateOfMind

Patches and kits all have static echo?? Help

Post by 89StateOfMind »

So i just got my mv8000 today from ebay. I immediately opened it up to break it and and start having some fun. So when i plug her all up and start playing around with the pads and seeing what sounds I have i come to find out that all the sounds that were loaded on the mv from whoever i bought it from all have this grainy staticky echo to them. I am wondering if this will be a continuing problem when I go to upload patches and drumkits or if it is just the sounds that the person i got it from are messed up? Thanks for all help i am super new to this mv and wanna make sure im not getting a bad mv or if i just need to load new patches.
ZipSnipe

Re: Patches and kits all have static echo?? Help

Post by ZipSnipe »

I would load your own patches. I ended up replacing a pad membrane on my sp606 because I thought it was messed up. But the real problem was that the previous owner had went in and messed up all the velocity settings and his sampling was horrendous. Piss poor!!

So I factory reset and waalaa everything worked perfect and there was no need to really replace the membrane but hey now it has a new membrane.

The same can go for your static maybe the previous owner was a total noob and has settings and stuff all screwed up. Try maybe starting fresh with a factory reset. Hopefully thats the case. But always brace yourself for the worse and then its a release when it turns out to be nothing.

Now after a factory reset and you still get static, you will need determine if its at the input output stage, try different routings stay very basic eliminate all outboard gear as the culprit. If you determine that its not the inputs or outputs. Then it might be in the sound circuit board of the mv8000. If your not good at electronics then send it off for repairs. If you are then open it up look with a magnifying lens for and messed up caps,debris on the circuit boards, check ground wires etc. Take two aspirin call me in the morning