Edit multiple partials at once?

Forum for MV-8000/8800
krameri

Edit multiple partials at once?

Post by krameri »

Hello Roland Clan,

Say I import a bunch of samples and assign them to a bunch of pads. Imagine I have 40+ partials at this point. I want to set every one of them to One-Shot, Exclusive Group 1, and the Amp Decay to 127 to allow them to play as long as the sample is.

I can do this without a lot of trouble by tapping pads and spinning the crap out of the Value wheel (on Amp Decay) and Increase button (on One-Shot and Exc Group) as needed. I'm not complaining about the effort to do this. My concern is the wear and tear, especially on the Value wheel. Is there a way to edit all Partials in an Instrument at one time?

Thanks!
Soul One

Re: Edit multiple partials at once?

Post by Soul One »

Not that I know of unfortunately.

But for the decay you could either use the corresponding slider or type e.g. 333 and hit enter. This will set the value to its maximum (127).
conecthink

Post by conecthink »

I have another way...assign one pad with the sample you want to chop. set this pad to the settings of your liking and then copy it to the clipboard, from the clipboard you paste the sample (and pad setting) across the pads. with sample edit in partial edit you create your chops. it works great for wave forms that have clear markers in them like a pronounced kick or snare to keep track or just samples where you have a clear idea how you want to chop it anyway. Actually it could work kinda great if youre just chopping away big pieces of music, just kinda hard (for me) to keep it linear. probably cumbersome to avoid overlaps if you make a 40 pad chop. but those overlaps could be creative and dope too

I had a go with the "split" option in patch edit, where you can spread one sample over the pads with different pitch cause I noticed that all the pad settings move in unison then. tried a couple different ways but came up empty. if you overwrite those split partials with chops for example the pad settings get reset...if you had say a 16pad with chop already and use the chroma set over those pads, fix the settings how you like and move the chroma set to another part of the bank it leaves those pads empty.

Still think there might be something in there....need a way to retain the setting of the pad
conecthink

Post by conecthink »

now that i think about with the above method of chopping there is a also a way to keep track easy without overlaps

asign the sample to a pad, fix the settings, make the chop, lenghtlock and then copy it over to the next pad. now on the next pad you have perfect reference where the previous chop ended.
Soul One

Post by Soul One »

Great tip, though overlaps are no problem for me personally since I am using mono mode for my samplechop patches.
conecthink

Post by conecthink »

gotta question maybe it has to do with that mono mode...

say i have sample on a 1 bar loop repeated. and I want to trigger some samples that choke out the looped sample but leave it running in time and picking back up when i release the pads.

is there a way to set that up? I only get it to retrigger the looped sample.

like a sort of sidechain within the miditrack, but complete choke...
Soul One

Post by Soul One »

You could use the mute automation on your loop track.
conecthink

Post by conecthink »

wow thanks, yeah that works for me. copy the notes from the patch over to a new track and mute the loop at the right intervals
Soul One

Post by Soul One »

You can even create your mute events in the list view. Guess that´d be faster for inputting several mute on and off events. Copy and paste from your note events list to the mute events list should also be possible, though that would involve quite a lot of mode switching...