using MicroKorg with Mv 8000

Forum for MV-8000/8800
salsilva79

using MicroKorg with Mv 8000

Post by salsilva79 »

I am new to this forum... Glad to be apart of it! I just have a question.... Is the Mv 8000 compatible with other brand keyboards, like microkorg? if so how do you connect via midi??
Synthtron

Re: using MicroKorg with Mv 8000

Post by Synthtron »

The MV-8000 is compatible with any synthesizer that has MIDI.

The MIDI Out of the MV-8000 will go into the MIDI in of the microKorg. If you are using the microKorg as a MIDI controller to input MIDI data into the MV-8000 then connect the MIDI out of the microKorg into the MIDI in on the MV-8000.

Do you have a manual for the MV-8000? If not download it from Roland. That will be useful for set-up.
salsilva79

Post by salsilva79 »

Yes, I do have the manual. Its just the other stuff related to midi has my brain fried.... I am thrown off by setting channels between the MV and MicroKorg. They were saying that the ID's had to match??
All I want to do is record some synth from microKorg on to the MV.

I have a Boss Dr. rhythm drum machine also, that I would like to use with the Mv. Hope its the same as connecting the MicroKorg.... Thanks!

I have no one to ask these questions regarding the mv because of it being discontinued.... So all the help is well appreciated people.... thanks.
hamburger_helper

Post by hamburger_helper »

in theory the tracks should coincide, like track one on the korg would be track one on mv and etc.

bet someone in here has used a microkorg with the mv https://www.facebook.com/groups/135127596536965/

also, be sure to watch the mike acosta video on youtube, using the mv with external modules or what its called. it might give you some pointers
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

The manual states how to set-up MIDI outputs to the internal sounds or the two MIDI outs (A&B).
I jave all of my Synths and a TR-8 connected (20 devices). One of those is a microKorg.

You have to set the MIDI channel for each track you add in the MV-8000. The MIDI channel will need to be sent from either MIDI out A or B. Also the Midi channel you select must correspond to whatever the microKorg or other MIDI gear have their MIDI receive Channel.