MV 8800 stereo outs & mixer summing

Forum for MV-8000/8800
henryo

MV 8800 stereo outs & mixer summing

Post by henryo »

Hi, could someone tell me what the sound quality of the stereo outs and the internal digital mixer summing on MV is like, please?

I'm interested in getting one, but as it's difficult to get the MV8-OP1 card, everything would have to be mixed in the box and recorded straight out of the stereo outs/bounced internally.

The alternative would be an MPC4000 / 2000XL or something with 8 outs to mix down into either a Yamaha 01v96 or a Roland VS digital recorder.

I make house and techno and the stereo file needs to be pre-master quality.

How does the MV stand up? Is the stereo out strong/detailed/balanced enough? IS the internal mixer flexible enough and does it sum well?

Thanks.
tommycash

Re: MV 8800 stereo outs & mixer summing

Post by tommycash »

The outs are very good. Internal mixer is very flexible. There shouldn't be a problem with or without the Op 1. I've recorded directly to a hard disk recorder and to a computer interface with no issues
henryo

Post by henryo »

Thanks. If you resample the outputs internally, does it just bounce it from the mixer like a DAW would, or does the signal actually go through the full output stage and is then resampled, so that it gets some colour of the DAC and the rest of the output stage?
hamburger_helper

Post by hamburger_helper »

i think it goes thru the dac, but you can bypass that by going thru the coaxial out and send it crispy clean.