record the audio of patern play MV-8000

Forum for MV-8000/8800
conecthink

record the audio of patern play MV-8000

Post by conecthink »

I know on the MMV8800 you can freestyle those patterns but on the mv8000 im stuck to the grid. i mean it could work out but its much more trouble compared to just playing the patterns.

So is there a way to record the paterns of mv-8000 on an audio channel? is there some kind of rerouting stuff i can do.

I guess i could sync to my pc daw use the MV as a soundbox and bounce the audio back to the mv sequencer but if it can be done in the MV i would like to know
conecthink

Re: record the audio of patern play MV-8000

Post by conecthink »

crickets....tumbleweeds
hamburger_helper

Post by hamburger_helper »

route every patch used in the pattern to , M1 for example, going thru the coaxial, back in thru a dac and record(resample) as audio.

but then again, if you do that you might as well just step record the pattern (shift+rec) and resample it. then you get em as audio. split and trim the audio, assing to audio pads, and voila, you can play them live as audio. you can then re asssign them as midi and copy them across the pads with variations in filters and so on
conecthink

Post by conecthink »

great thanks. that suggestion would work nicely indeed for what i was trying to do. a less rigid way to fix some intros and beat flips.

it opens up some new possibilities aswell :-)
waxdat

Post by waxdat »

If you have the MV8-OP1 you can route the digi out to the digi in. This allows you to sample the digi out instead of resample; and also record multiple audio phrases at once. I got videos up showing this but it's all for naught without the expansion. Could also use a DAC but point is to stay in digital realm.