Please help!!! MV 8000 Import/Sampling buttons!!!

Forum for MV-8000/8800
ModestMse

Please help!!! MV 8000 Import/Sampling buttons!!!

Post by ModestMse »

Newbie here to the Roland MV8000 (but not to Roland, sequencing or Midi) and I am losing my mind regarding something that appears to be so simple with this unit.

One major issue that is driving me INSANE!!! Every video I watch...the manual itself...every source claims that when you hit the "Sample" button it will bring you to a screen where you have three options "Audio Phrases", "Patches" and "Sample". Every single video I watch when they hit that button, they are brought to that screen...in the manual it clearly shows that when you hit the "Sample" button it brings you to the selection page before you proceed (page 351). Yet every time I press the button on my unit it skips this selection process (which I need) and I am not given the choice at all...rather it directly send me to the sampling level screen.

The same thing happens for the "Import" section. The manual and the videos (including the owners manual DVD by Roland) clearly all show that when you press the "Import" button it brings you to the option screen where you select one of the four ways to import files. When you hit the "Import" button it is supposed to bring you to a page where you can select "Audio Phrase", "Patch", "Sample", or "Song". Yet once again, when I hit the button on my system...it skips this selection process as well and goes directly to the drive selection for importing. I am pulling my hair out over here...cause I cannot get the unit to go to those initial pages yet everything is telling me you just hit the button and have to choose one of the three or four options before continuing. Emailed Roland....nadda. Anyhow, sorry to be a bother, but if anyone can help me out I would be forever in debt.

Thanks.
Soul One

Re: Please help!!! MV 8000 Import/Sampling buttons!!!

Post by Soul One »

The assignment options will appear after you´ve sampled something. Same goes for importing things.

What you have seen and read is the behavior on the old OS.