Glitchy sliders

Forum for MV-8000/8800
conecthink

Glitchy sliders

Post by conecthink »

I have some faders that jump and some are bit unresponsive. I can work around it no problem with the valuewheel or mouse still it would be nice to have them pristine

is there some definitive fix for this problem? without disasembling the unit, cause im not gonna that.

ive googled around. And I find it a bit inconclusive. some say 1) compressed air 2) use deoxit fader lube, contactsprays etc......some say dont use any lubricants it makes the problem worse, its temporary at best

i did use compressed air to blow debris out the slide. indeed some dust/cottonball thingies came out but the problem isnt solved but im a bit afraid to do the next step in those DIY.

Since I got the unit the sliders (sliders were okay) have not been used heavy, so if its wear and tear it wasnt me. (but maybe the last owner left them on the brink of normal operation and failure) they started acting up a bit around the same time. Im not really familiar with how the sliders work. does the manufacturer use some kind lubricant that can dry out after a while and you can fix this by adding a little?
Soul One

Re: Glitchy sliders

Post by Soul One »

Deoxit FaderLube FTW!

If that doesn´t help you could contact the Roland support and ask for fader replacement parts to change them yourself. You´ll need some soldering skills for that, though.

You can also send the unit to your nearest Roland repair shop to have the sliders fixed for you.
conecthink

Post by conecthink »

great thanks. hope it does the trick
JUKE179r

Post by JUKE179r »

For future reference, here is the Roland's info for the 8000/8800 slide potentiometers...

PART #: 01342134
DESCRIPTION: EWA NKE C10 B14
PART NAME: 30MM SLIDE POTENTIOMETER for VR1,VR2,VR3,VR4,VR8,VR6,VR5,VR7 on PANEL
QUANTITY: 8
JUKE179r

Post by JUKE179r »

Just to add... I got no help from Roland US on buying these slide pots from them. They wouldn't even talk to me and directed me to their wack ass parts website that didn't have fuck all what I requested. I remember back in early 2000's I could still purchase TR-808 parts from them with no problem. So much for that customer service nowadays.
I had the get the pots from Full Compass website for $6 a piece. It took 3 weeks to receive the 3 I ordered so now I have 2 to fix and 1 for back up.
Here are the pics of the sliders for future reference. I tried to find/source these from Mouser and DigiKey but had no luck...
Attachments
IMG_6662_2.jpg
IMG_6662_2.jpg (161.06 KiB) Viewed 7656 times
Soul One

Post by Soul One »

JUKE179r wrote:Just to add... I got no help from Roland US on buying these slide pots from them.
FWIW, Roland Germany was able to supply me with 10 of these the other day.
ensoniqdap

Post by ensoniqdap »

Good afternoon...

Sorry to revive a somewhat older thread, but was replacing the slide pot hard? My slide pot was giving me the intermediate "dead spot" (hard to assign midi channels other than 1 or 16). Now, the slider pot has completely snapped (the cap and stem are off from the pot itself).

I have been scouring the web looking for these parts... I even considered buying a dead synth in hopes that the sliders were still good...

Any help would be appreciated...
ensoniqdap

Post by ensoniqdap »

Soul One wrote:
JUKE179r wrote:Just to add... I got no help from Roland US on buying these slide pots from them.
FWIW, Roland Germany was able to supply me with 10 of these the other day.

Do you have contact information for Roland Germany???

Thanks
jdhighberg

Post by jdhighberg »

MV-8000 Slider Repair...

Alternate Slider 30mm (10 k ohm) replacement - Panasonic EWANA0C10B14 - that fits the through-hole pattern on the Roland MV-8000 PCB (you'll need to un-solder/re-solder replacement), but also must solder a jumper wire (see image below) between two pads on PCB (on underside) for each slider replaced. I am assuming this slider replacement will work for MV-8800.

Here is link on Reverb.com to purchase this Slider part:
https://reverb.com/item/7249713-korg-tr ... asys-ix300

Regards,
John