Real-Time-Sampling on the MV-8000?

Forum for MV-8000/8800
el_fausto_grande

Real-Time-Sampling on the MV-8000?

Post by el_fausto_grande »

Hello!

I'm right now considering buying a MV-8000, which I could get very cheap. I was lusting after a Elektron Octatrack for a while now, but realised that I'd still need the Pads for hands-on control since I'm a more or less trained classical pianist.

But I have one question regarding the MV: Is it possible to use it as a kind of looper? That was one thing which amazed me about the Octatrack, that you can sample stuff while the sequencer is still running.

So: Is it possible with the MV-8000 to sample something while the sequencer is running and easily play it back right after the sampling process?

For me the looping doesn't have to be automatic, like with a looper-pedal, but it would be nice, for example to programm a Kick-Snare-pattern and then lets say to record a live hihat (via a Mic to the input) to a pad and then to instantly play it back as a loop without stopping the beat.

I couldn't find something about this in the manual and information on the MV is quite sparse on the internet, so i came here. Thanks in advance for answers...
Soul One

Re: Real-Time-Sampling on the MV-8000?

Post by Soul One »

You can use audio tracks for this.