New MV and new to this forum

Forum for MV-8000/8800
drmnaga78

New MV and new to this forum

Post by drmnaga78 »

Hi, I have a few questions.

Is this the best Forum to get MV help/inspiration, or is there another MV community that is more active?

Just got my MV off eBay today, it has sounds and projects on it from the previous owner, I was thinking it might be best to erase everything and start from scratch, what do you reckon? If so any pointers has to how to completely wipe it clean and start a fresh would be appreciated.

It is not in the best condition, although not too bad it seems to have had a ram upgrade and the VGA card added. It has a crappy master volume knob that seems a bit sketchy, anyone had any experience swapping out components such as the master knob?

Help appreciated.

Cheers,
Dunc
Soul One

Re: New MV and new to this forum

Post by Soul One »

Format the HDD & initialize all system parameters.

Changing parts is easy if you know how to solder. To get to the boards is a PITA, though.
drmnaga78

Post by drmnaga78 »

Thanks mate. I guess the HDD can be formatted within the mv system settings somewhere, not from a PC? That's encouraging I can solder.
Soul One

Post by Soul One »

drmnaga78 wrote:I guess the HDD can be formatted within the mv system settings somewhere
Yezzir!

It´s all in the manual...
drmnaga78

Post by drmnaga78 »

Thanks will do some scrolling. Might look into printing off the manual, although it is pretty fat.