MV Killer (sorry)

Forum for MV-8000/8800
waxdat

Re: MV Killer (sorry)

Post by waxdat »

".........the new MPCs provide the same in-the-box experience as Maschine but now has the standalone workflow that many MPC users have cut their teeth in.

Exciting days I tell you. Both companies are adding audio tracks and real time time stretching..features most of us have been wanting for over 4 years now. I am excited about what NI is doing for Arranging...can't wait to see that as I like linear sequencing in one view as opposed to using the MPCs arrangement features which is on a different screen known as Song Mode."

Jan 15, 2017. Quote by Jahrome

I find it quite interesting that I have a machine (MV) that has had these features now for the past 14 years.
Soul One

Post by Soul One »

waxdat wrote:I find it quite interesting that I have a machine (MV) that has had these features now for the past 14 years.
My thoughts exactly!
waxdat

Post by waxdat »

I find this thread rather funny. Hey I can plug my mic in and get great vocals over my track! Imagine that!

http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php ... b2dc85f42a
Soul One

Post by Soul One »

So true, mate.

These brainwashed MPC fanboys are a real plague.
Vondragonnoggin

Post by Vondragonnoggin »

Well, haven’t found an MV killer yet, but having more fun than should be legal with new Synthstrom Audible Deluge Sequencer/Synth/Sampler. Its not deep like the MV, but has a leg up on most other competition including (I think) the new MPC’s. Wicked fun and creative box in a small footprint. It will go alongside my mv8800’s and Spectralis 2 as one of those “you’ll have to kill me first before an part with it” pieces of gear.
DJFLEX-mk2

Roland MV-8800 vs. (NuKai...oops) AKAI MPC X ...? ->

Post by DJFLEX-mk2 »

Roland MV-8800 vs. (NuKai...oops) AKAI MPC X ...? ->
(Voter's Poll) @ gearslutz.com

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-hip ... mpc-x.html
DJFLEX-mk2

Is the MPC X the BEST over EVERYTHING?

Post by DJFLEX-mk2 »

Is the MPC X the BEST over EVERYTHING?

YouTube Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hw2isPi7so&app=desktop

~ "What ever you have, Learn it" !!! - "Master your Equipment" -- Roland MV-8000 & Roland MV-8800, NI MASCHINE STUDIO, NI MASCHINE MK3, AKAI MPC, AKAI MPC X and so on !!!
Vondragonnoggin

It’s now May 2019 and still no MV Killer.....

A lot of cool products out now that come close to matching some features, but not the whole thing as a standalone unit.

Roland - stop with the Cloud instrument subscription BS and just do a new MV with all the same features on faster and slightly smaller hardware with SD card streaming. Give us a 7” touch screen and a true Multisampling core that’s backwards compatible with MV format and S700 series patches. 4 midi outs, cv/gate outs, built in 8 output design (no unicorn daughter cards to run out of) USB 3/2 compatible host and midi capability.

Make the sampling engine 128 voice capable. That combined with disk streaming and a couple gigs of RAM would be easy for you guys.

I’d sell off half my stuff to buy it. Forget hybrid workflows and controller mode connections to DAW’s with software that has to run on a computer. Standalone with stem import/export ability only.

DAWless is not a fad and if it is, then it’s been a fad for a long time now and growing in popularity rather than shrinking.

The model for a successful standalone has been yours since the last OS release of the MV!

You already have the successful OS core foundation to build on in the last released MV OS.

Roland, stop clownin and lay down the goods.

You think hardware sequencing is a thing of the past? Think again:

Elecktron Octatrack, Digitakt, Digitone
Synthstrom Audible Deluge
Squarp Pyramid
Social Entropy Engine
Kilpatrick Audio Carbon
Akai MPC X/Live, Force
Pioneer Squid/SP 16/DJS 1000
Sequentix Cirklon
Polyend Seq
Arturia Beatstep Pro
Novation Circuit
Korg Kronos
Teenage Engineering OP1/OP-Z

And there is more

A new MV series production center could rival the Kronos and be more fun than Pyramid doing midi fx, euclidean rhythms, and live sequence playhead independent directional/probability manipulation

You guys could include modeled VA synths with multisampling Engine. Include a real analog filter you guys used to be so good at designing.

It would tear the market a new one.

But sadly no. Roland has earmuffs with noise cancelling units made of unobtainium.

I still thank you Roland for the MV samplers. A hiccup in space-time that allowed you to produce a machine that is still trying to be topped and still remains standalone King since last OS release over a decade ago.

When you decide to stop goofin and get serious again, give me a call.
ILL-GREEN

Post by ILL-GREEN »

MV will be forever king. With their resources, Roland could've made a pocket sized MV9000 by now. And it'll be lightening faster too with wifi or bluetooth to transfer wav tracks to your iphone or android to upload to whatever site.

For me, sequencing never been Roland's bag before even in hardware. They come across like small digital recorders. The sampling however, is their field. How its mangled and played, Roland does that best.

Akai has no MV killer whatsoever. Even their new Force couldn't compete. They're just boxes cluttered with features that still remain incomplete.
SMUDGE

Post by SMUDGE »

The MV 8800's sequencer has the ability to split a polyphonic drum track into individual tracks per voice, and allows you to apply quantize settings to each voice independently, adding varieties of swing and syncopation with or without the sequencer's groove templates all in real time.

The MC 909 has a similar array of groove templates.

The PMA-5 has a unique arrangement sequencer with a very powerful melody transposition feature not found on other machines.

Roland has made some excellent sequencers. I don't care if they ever make another, as long as mine are functioning.
FreshTrooperXBL

Post by FreshTrooperXBL »

Agreed. Akai's latest stuff is full of half-baked ideas. Roland must have had a solid team working on the MV's a decade ago.
DJFLEX-mk2

MV Killer (sorry it's Still Nope!!!) "But....."???? LOL

Post by DJFLEX-mk2 »

MV Killer (sorry it's Still Nope!!!) "But we're all really BEAT MAKER KiLLERS"???? LOL :D

Correction AKAI MPCX is the MASCHINE KiLLER currently in year 2019JULY!

But hate to say it bro -->

The Roland MV-8000 & Roland MV-8800 is still the MPC KiLLER in 2019.....(Cause it's a finish over Engineered Roland Product, all bugs fixed and it has all stuff AKAI in year 2019JULY trying to put into there Version Standalone that's already been implemented since 16 years ago....It's has a Stable Sequencer that's not even today's desktop software can replicate yet in year 2019JULY!!! Roland was way ahead of it time and what hurt them too -- cause unit is complex learning curve LOL, did not sell well in 2003 Roland MV-8000, and 2006 newer Roland MV-8800....but now more younger producer's and older people producer's in streets jumping on both Roland MV-8000 and Roland MV-8800 since there discovering how powerful and the most slept on Roland Gear in history of there Products Designs. Today I'm reading guy's are keeping both now the Roland MV-8800 and AKAI MPCX in Studios! And the AKAI MPC LIVE they use to Travel on there DJaying setup now)!!!!!

:D **It show's now all of us BEAT MAKER KiLLERS can really get along now**!!! LOL :D

[PHOTO BY]:
Michael Andrew Bailey Studio - Roland Fantom G6, Roland MV-8800, AKAI MPCX, AKAI MPC2000XL, Alesis M1 Active 520
Attachments
Michael Andrew Bailey Studio - Roland Fantom G6, Roland MV-8800, AKAI MPCX, AKAI MPC2000XL, Alesis M1 Active 520.jpg
Michael Andrew Bailey Studio - Roland Fantom G6, Roland MV-8800, AKAI MPCX, AKAI MPC2000XL, Alesis M1 Active 520.jpg (64.94 KiB) Viewed 7711 times
DJFLEX-mk2

MV Killer (sorry it's Still Nope!!!) "But....."???? LOL

Post by DJFLEX-mk2 »

MV Killer (sorry it's Still Nope!!!) "But we're all really BEAT MAKER KiLLERS"???? LOL :D

AKAI PRO. MPC LIVE -n- Roland MC-505 groovebox
AKAI PRO. MPC LIVE -n- Roland MC-505
AKAI PRO. MPC LIVE -n- Roland MC-505
AKAI MPC LIVE -n- Roland MC-505.jpg (194.32 KiB) Viewed 7711 times
AKAI PRO. MPC LIVE -n- Roland MV-8800 Production Studio
AKAI PRO. MPC LIVE -n- Roland MV-8800
AKAI PRO. MPC LIVE -n- Roland MV-8800
AKAI MPC LIVE -n- Roland MV-8800_20190701.png (428.38 KiB) Viewed 7711 times
:D **It show's now all of us BEAT MAKER KiLLERS can really get along now**!!! LOL :D
DJFLEX-mk2

NO! Roland MV-9000 ~ Yet?

Post by DJFLEX-mk2 »

THE DATE NOW: AUG. 01, 2019THU.

No! Roland MV-8800 MKII Production Studio ~ Yet?

No! Roland MV-9000 Production Studio ~ Yet?

No! Roland MV-9000 [AIRA] Production Studio ~ Yet? 

No! Roland MV-9900 Production Studio ~ Yet?

NO! Roland MC-909 Sampling Studio ~ Yet? "Huh,....Wait....it's possible" :D LOL

AKAI is still not a MV-KILLER, but is sure is a MPC-Potential Unit in there own way. I give AKAI on them credit for keeping there BOXX current on Updates. Right now AKAI OS MPC2.6 is at this version - they added new features and stability enhancements. Good for your AKAI. ***To bad for Native Instruments MASCHINE MK3 getting there butt kick now by AKAI***. But (N.I.) Native Instruments MASCHINE MK3 is unique in there own way too. But like Native Instruments said in there own state of mind set: ((Were a Software only Music Company)) To bad for them in there own arrogance way they could make a awesome standalone MASCHINE STUDIO MK2 design too.....but we will have to see how far Native Instruments will stand ahead.

I know Roland Corporation is just gona sit and watch them both Battle it out. But Roland is planing something silently. Until then........I'll hold onto my Roland DJ-70MKII Sampling Workstation, Roland MC-909 sampling groovebox & Roland MV-8800 Production Studio with my Roland MV8-OP1 Audio I/O Expansion Card.

But I'm still not going to be like other MV's user are so silly selling there Roland MV-8000/Roland MV-8800 to get AKAI. ((I been seeing this crap all over other forums)) To me those MV's user were never serious in there CRAFT or ART.....Yes I understand you need money $$$$ - but understand this - if you knew what you have in your hands is a very Special Design from Roland you would not sell it but added on to your Roland MV's to make it more powerful.

I'm keeping my Roland MV-8800 Production Studio with my Roland MV8-OP1 Audio I/O Expansion Card ((FOR SURE)) !!!!

Good, sell your MV's, so other real Serious Roland MV-8000/Roland MV-8800 gain benefit and discover how well Completed and Stable are MV's.
‎~ Better plan should be if you do get AKAI, then keep your Roland MV-8000/Roland MV-8800 Production Studio and make them work together with either AKAI MPCX or AKAI MPC LIVE (& NO!!!! It's not a overkill, makes you more versatile to Old Technology and New Technology). And also very different. LOL

The Roland MV-8800 is the most misunderstood and over Engineered MPC-Type Design by Roland. It was never meant to be a MPC Clone or Cheap Copy of MPC, it Rank in its own unique Design By Roland. **What we're those Engineers at Roland Corporation thinking? But I thank them alot**!!!!!!

Also it's the most unique Design Roland ever made that it's now a classic and ranks next to ""Roland TR-808 Rhythm Composer, Roland TR-909 Rhythm Composer, and Roland TB-303 BassLine"". You can believe it or not. But you that are selling your MV's will kick yourself in your own azz for selling it. I'll be laughing at you. LOL :D

Using Roland MV-8800 (MIDI Slave) with AKAI MPC LIVE and Note Mapping : (YouTube Video)‎
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc_7OoB4_Ms

Vondragonnoggin

9019 Roland flagship release and its more crippled gear not even capable of what the mv8800 can do. New Fantom series no audio tracks. New MC707 8 tracks and no song mode on release? Blehhh

Sorry Roland. You missed the mark again. Maybe next year. Way too expensive too for what it offers next to competition.

BeatMaker 3 on an iPad Pro 2 is the only thing close to what a new MV series should do. It smokes the new MPC’s by a large margin. Everything I wanted in a new MV series but unfortunately no good hardware for it. Still the uninteresting iPad interface.

Roland - if you want to see what you should shoot for in features ina new hardware production station, look no further than BeatMaker 3 on iOS. Or just do us a favor and look to your own past at the 8800 and give us a new one with the same amount of features in newer hardware.