!!!!PLEASE, HELP!!!!Freezes on startup!!!!

Forum for MV-8000/8800
snipeartwork

!!!!PLEASE, HELP!!!!Freezes on startup!!!!

Post by snipeartwork »

Hello! I hope you can help me or have encountered such a problem! I purchased the ROLAND MV8800 tool. I plug it in, work on it for a while (about an hour), then it freezes completely. after that I reboot it and it freezes at login ... I restart again - it hangs at login and so on ad infinitum. Then I leave it off for about an hour - I start it up and work again for about an hour and freezes ... and again everything is in a circle. I tried to reinstall the OS, format the hard drive, get the RAM, and so on. The behavior does not change. Later I noticed that on the sticker on the back of the power supply next to the power plug it says - 117v. I read it on foreign forums - people write that this power supply is universal and you can connect 220v. I also did all the tests and checks through the hot buttons at the entrance - everywhere it says that all the hardware is fine! Please tell me what kind of problem it could be? I'll be very thankful! Thanks in advance! I can send a video with a problem!
hangnef

Re: !!!!PLEASE, HELP!!!!Freezes on startup!!!!

Post by hangnef »

The fact that letting it sit for a while "fixes" it, makes me think it is the power supply or possibly degraded/bulging capacitors. First thing I would try is to get a power converter to match things up.