*SH-101 Sampled Patch Library* !!! For Roland MV-8800

Forum for MV-8000/8800
DJFLEX-mk2

*SH-101 Sampled Patch Library* !!! For Roland MV-8800

Post by DJFLEX-mk2 »

**READ** ~ ROLAND NEW ZEALAND MV-8800 SUPPORT- FORGOTTEN LOST .Zip File about -- [Create your own Library of Synths for your MV]:

Look what I found in the (OLD) Roland New Zealand MV-8800. Back in Year Sept. 04, 2015 >> (Support Tab), >> Last one on Bottom of List --> Sampling with the MV-8800 guide.zip + When I open the .zip file,... It has **Sampling Synthesizers** on and MV-8800 RC Template.pdf file & [SH101] folder with 32 Patches .MV0 file with a .pdf file saying --->

.....................SH-101 Sampled Patch Library.....................
A classic old Roland SH-101 was left in the Studio for a while so I decided to sample it into an MV-8800 and recreate some of the Patches listed in the SH-101 Manual using the techniques I discussed in the Tutorial “Sampling Synthesizers on an MV-8800”.

[SH-101 Sampled Patch Library]:
(.pdf FILE, 32 Patches .MV0)
A classic old Roland SH-101 was left in the Studio for a while so I decided to sample it into an MV-8800 and recreate some of the Patches listed in the SH-101 Manual using the techniques I discussed in the Tutorial “Sampling Synthesizers on an MV-8800”.

For this project I sampled the Square, Sawtooth, various pulsewidth, noise and resonant peak waveforms from the SH-101 into the MV-8800 to represent the oscillators of this famous synth. I then recreated the Patches using the synth parameters on the MV-8800 to get as close as possible to the original sound. I added extra expression possibilities to the MV-8800 Patches where appropriate. At the end of the list are a few Patches which demonstrate how flexible the MV’s synthesis method can be for creating new and exciting sounds. I encourage you to use these sounds as a basis for further synthesis exploration.

• Most of these patches were designed to make full use of controllers such as the Pitch Wheel, Mod Wheel, Aftertouch and Velocity so feel free to use them when trying out these patches. The combined Pitch Mod Paddle found on controller keyboards such as the Edirol PCR Range is particularly expressive with many of these sounds.

KEY_HARPSICORD - A subtle filter LFO modulation has been added to the original Patch specification. You can also control the Filter Cutoff with a Pitch Wheel. Try playing this Patch with the ROLL Button depressed on your MV for an early OMD* type effect.

KEY_EL PIANO 1 - There is extra control of the Filter Cutoff with velocity. There is also a delayed vibrato effect that comes in when the note is sustained. The Pitch Bend Controller on your keyboard will control Filter Cutoff. The Mod Wheel Controller will accentuate the LFO effect.

KEY_EL PIANO 2 - There is extra control of the Filter Cutoff with velocity. The Pitch Bend Controller on your keyboard will control Filter Cutoff. The Mod Wheel Controller will accentuate the LFO effect.

KEY_ACCORDION - A fast playing style nicely recreates the expressiveness of an Accordion. The Pitch Bend Controller on your keyboard will control Filter Cutoff. The Mod Wheel Controller will accentuate the LFO effect. This combination will give you a variety of expressive tones as you solo.

MLT_XYLOPHONE - The Pitch Bend Controller on your keyboard will control Filter Cutoff. Use the positive direction of the Pitch Wheel to make the sound brighter.

MLT_VIBRAPHONE - The Mod Wheel Controller will accentuate the LFO effect.

MLT_GLOCKENSPIEL - A recreation from the SH-101 manual.

PRC_CLAVES - A recreation from the SH-101 manual.

DRM_SYNTHE DRUM - Uses a sample of an SH-101 in self oscillation to recreate the effect. Use of the Mod Wheel will add a sci-fi effect to the sound. Just tapping the keys on your keyboard will give you the classic syndrum effect.

EGT_FUZZ GUITAR - Use of the Mod Wheel will add a square wave modulation of the Filter Cutoff producing a delay pedal like effect.

EGT_FUNKY - There is extra control of the Filter Cutoff with velocity.

ORG_JAZZ ORGAN - The Mod Wheel Controller will add square wave modulation to the sound that will make it similar to a Leslie sound. Aftertouch will add filter modulation. The Pitch Wheel will add subtle brightness to the sound.

ORG_JAZZ ORGAN 2 - Playing with strong velocity brings up the volume of the resonant oscillator sample. The Pitch Wheel controls the Filter Cutoff and the Mod Wheel increases the speed of the LFO.

SYN_EFFECT SOUND1 - There is extra control of the resonating oscillator sample volume with velocity. Velocity also controls the attack portion of the filter envelope. Aftertouch reduces the volume of the sound and the Mod Wheel increases the LFO speed.

SYN_EFFECT SOUND2 - The Pitch Wheel controls the Filter Cutoff and Aftertouch drops the pitch.

SYN_FUNNY CAT - There is extra control of the Filter Cutoff with velocity. The Pitch Wheel controls the Filter Cutoff. The Mod Wheel modulates the pitch. Use Aftertouch to achieve the meow sound.

FX_PULSAR - The Mod Wheel slows down the rate of the LFO and the Pitch Wheel controls the Filter Cutoff.

PRC_GONG - The Pitch Wheel controls the Filter Cutoff.

SLD_SYNTHE VOICE - There is extra control of the Filter Cutoff with Aftertouch and Velocity. The Mod Wheel slows down the LFO speed.

SLD_WHISTLE - A subtle rise in pitch has been added by adjusting the Attack phase of the Pitch Envelope. Aftertouch reduces the Filter Cutoff value. It is a solo sound with portamento.

SBS_FUNKY BASS - There is extra control of the Filter Cutoff with velocity. The Mod Wheel introduces a square wave modulation of the Filter Cutoff. Try using this in a sequence with the LFO Speed locked to Tempo.

SBR_BRASS - This Patch did not feature in the SH-101 Manual. Velocity controls Filter Cutoff and filter envelope attack speed

SBR_TRUMPET - Velocity controls the Filter Cutoff value. Aftertouch lowers the volume to create swells and the Mod Wheel adds extra vibrato.

FLT_FLUTE - Aftertouch reduces the volume and the Mod Wheel slows down the LFO while increasing the wah intensity.

STR_VIOLIN - The Mod Wheel adds vibrato and Aftertouch reduces the volume of the sound.

STR-CELLO - The Mod Wheel intensifies the filter modulation and slows down the LFO speed at the same time.

SPD_SOFT PAD - This uses a Pulse Width and Square Wave Sample that have been slightly detuned to give a nice warm sound. The Mod Wheel slows down the speed of the LFO and the Pitch Wheel controls the Filter Cutoff.

SPD_MORPH PAD - Operating the Mod Wheel will “morph” the sound between the Saw and the Square Sample. Aftertouch controls the Filter Cutoff.

HLD_GEORGIO - A Moroder** style pulse modulating lead sound. The Mod Wheel will “morph” the sound between the Saw and the Square Sample with the Square Wave Sample tuned an octave lower. The Pitch Wheel will control the Filter Cutoff. Must be used with the Vintage Flanger 325 Effect.

* OMD is a Band of the late 70’s and early 80’s who made good use of monophonic synthesizers in creating pop songs.

** Georgio Moroder was a 70’s pioneer of the modern electronic disco sound.

POST on Roland MV-8800 Facebook Group Forum (APR. 28, 2022):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1351275 ... 257730125/

WAS (POSTED in 2020 on MV-NATION.com)[R.I.P.]:
http://www.mv-nation.com/index.php?topic=143.new#new

Roland New Zealand MV-8800 (OLD LINK - SEPT. 04, 2015):
https://www.roland.com/nz/products/mv-8800/support/

"PLANET ROCK! ~ yO gEt FuNkY"
Attachments
SH-101 Sampled Patch Library.jpg
SH-101 Sampled Patch Library.jpg (130.08 KiB) Viewed 2529 times
Sampling Synthesizers on an MV-8800 RC Template.pdf
(153.34 KiB) Downloaded 122 times