PAD Buttons Not Working FIX

Forum for MV-8000/8800
arp70blue

PAD Buttons Not Working FIX

Post by arp70blue »

Hi,

This applies to the MV8000 Roll, Hold, Clipboard, PAD Bank, Delete Buttons but will likely work the same for MV8800. This is not a fix for the 16 pads, only the above buttons.

In my case Hold and Roll were not working. Took MV apart, checked ribbon cable, did continuity check with multimeter, all appeared good. Buttons failed the MV test mode process.

Watched You Tube and saw a guy fixing remote control Buttons using liquid graphite / carbon. Bought some for £5, tried it this morning, and works a treat. I used a matchstick end to dab a little on the little black contacts in the rubber pad after cleaning these contacts by dragging the contacts lightly over an old paper envelope - apparently you are not meant to use isopropyl/ alcohol.
A black smudge mark comes off on the paper as you clean them - don't go too heavy with the cleaning, you just want to remove any dirt build ups.

The back liquid carbon dries in 5 mins, I repeated a further 3 times and left it for an hour. Reassembled and tested and both buttons worked perfectly.

The product I used was called Liquiwire Conductive Paint.

Obviously you take your MV apart at your own risk, I take no responsibility for anything going wrong, watch YT for videos of people fixing remote controls to get an idea of how it works, is done first.

Apologies if this has been posted before but I saw nothing online.

Regards.