problem modifying effects in new Performance

Forum for JUNO STAGE
LeeRoi

problem modifying effects in new Performance

Post by LeeRoi »

I used one of the existing Performance selection as the basis for creating a
new, two-part Performance. I selected my patches and created the new
Performance. Everything works OK except that I cannot modify the Effects associated with the original Patches. I have tried to modify and save as follows: 1) select the Performance, then Part select; 2) press Edit/Effect. 3) change the Chorus from type 2 to type 1, 3) go through the Write sequence for the Performance. It saves when I close the edit menu, but when I power the Stage off and back on, the old chorus setting is there.

I called Roland support, and the guy didn't have a clue what the problem was. Can anyone help?

Lee
raccoon

Re: problem modifying effects in new Performance

Post by raccoon »

in the routing screen, in the upper left corner of the chorus effect block, there is a setting: prf, or part 1 -16. i believe, if you want the setting to be saved as part of the performance, you need to set that to "prf". try it
LeeRoi

Post by LeeRoi »

Wow! It worked. I would have never figured that out from reading the manual. So just what did I do (and why didn't Roland support have a clue)?
raccoon

Post by raccoon »

the same applies to every effect. when you set an effect to "prf", it means all of the settings of this effect are part of this particular performance and are saved when you save the performance.
if, instead, you set it to "part 1-16", then the effect settings will be as they are in the patch mode for that patch. i hope it makes sense.

i don't know if the j-stage manual goes into that much detail. i use a juno-g and i think this routing works the same way for a whole line of products.
LeeRoi

Post by LeeRoi »

Thank you. One more mystery solved!
wakerickman

Post by wakerickman »

hope some one can help me, regarding my roland juno stage [also same problem on my roland juno di ] im also having trouble saving effex in perf mode even when selecting perf in the reverb window, as the other furum user surgested still wont save, also unlike the other forum user who says the effex erformances will save except till you power down and repower up but i cant even get my stage to do even that perf save. . as it says in manuel a window com es up saying "edited patches will be discarded," thats exactly what happens, manuel also says you must write/save the patch within the perf first then save the perf ? but dosent say exactly button press by butten press how to do it ?, in an idiot proof way , because every time i try to save it as patch [or perf] the display then trys to make you save it as totaly ellswear patch/perf location, witch is not what i want, i want to edit the perf effex then save that perf in exactly the location iv edited from as any other normal non effects edit does [currantly selected] but with the new edited effex but it wont let me do it . so could some one please tell me how to, button by button, in an idiots guide for dummies way what [exact] buttons to press [what order etc] as the manuel is absolutly unintelagable on this matter. also ive hade simerler saveing effex in patch mode as well, some of the patches ive used allready had the correct reverb allready assighned in the right place and are a justable by the quick access dedicated reverb knob on front panel and so the reverb was able to work. but some of my edited patches have not been set up for the dedicated reverb knob to work but as with the perf effex assighnments when i try to edit reverb on that, so the dedicated reverb knob to work then save, same thing happens the reverb disappears. so can any one help me with this problem in an idiots fool proff discription as to what i should do button by button and not as the useless manuel discribes [ also please note that i have no problem in saving edited perffs of volume balence/octave set/ change patch selection in the perffs etc, thats asactly as you would want too into same perf location [witch wont do for he effects] but when i try and edit the effects imediatly as soon as i press "save/write" the edited effects just disappear and go back to origanal settings,] so dont know why normal edits will save properly/asactly as it should but not the effects edits, im simply dumfounded, so any help in this matter would be greatly appreatiated ok cheers wakerickman