VST problems in Cubase

Forum for SonicCell
CFN

Re: VST problems in Cubase

Post by CFN »

Robin,

I figured out how to setup your patch script...thank you so very much for creating that patch script. Now I can access all the good stuff!!!!!!!!

Now I am getting greedy....will the plugin work for my version of Cubase (VST 5.1)? If so, what do I need to do to get it working? Currently, it doesn't show up in the list of my vst instruments!!

Thanks.
crypto

Post by crypto »

The problem is due to legacy DXI, not VST as roland would have it.
John Sweeney

Post by John Sweeney »

This problem is being discussed on http://www.rolandforums.co.uk/forums/viewthread/870/

Here you will see we have made a new approach to Roland Japan for a solution. They are now working on this.
Now I am getting greedy....will the plugin work for my version of Cubase (VST 5.1)? If so, what do I need to do to get it working? Currently, it doesn't show up in the list of my vst instruments!!

This version is supported. You need to copy the editor .dll file from its current location and paste it into your VST Instruments folder.

Default location for this is C:/Program Files/Roland/

The file you need to copy is SonicCell Editor VST.dll
smiler

Post by smiler »

Can you give me a tip how to install that script patch ?
I copied the file to my cubase scripts folder, but it doesn't show up in midi device install list.

I just bought cubase studio 5 and I'm so angry for this VST problem. I used cubase Ai before, and everything was fine :(

please help.
rpeatfield

Post by rpeatfield »

smiler, on my system they are stored under:
C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 5\Scripts\Patchnames

It depends on what version of windows you are using.

Copy to the Roland directory and you should be able to load the patch script. It works very well, if I say so myself ;-)
BUT, I did it as a short term solution to Roland fixing the real issue and provide a proper working VST.

Robin.
smiler

Post by smiler »

Thanks. I didn't know that this patchnames are stored under windows users directory. I Copied it to programfiles/steinberg/cubase5/...
Any way, I allready did it, but in other way. I installed an old Cubase LE, which read that script with no problem, and I exported from that cubase .xml list file and import it in cubase 5 :)
But thank you for a tip, I will remember to look in to win user directory in future.