Fantom-X Tips and Tricks

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
SL Productions

Re: Fantom-X Tips and Tricks

Post by SL Productions »

If you name and save a sample and then assign it to the keyboard, it will keep the name for the patch, you won't have to put the same patch name in again when you write it.
pimpplyr

Post by pimpplyr »

Thanks for this. It helps out alot.
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

Here's an old post from MuzikB about getting a more analog sound from your Patches.
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

If you double up the tones of a Patch and set the copies to use Tone Delay (Patch Edit>Misc) you can create delays at the Patch level, freeing up the MFX for other things. These can be driven by tempo or independant of it.

You can also apply more detailed velocity related settings to the delayed tone in the Patch to control how much delay is present depending on how you play. E.g. No delay if hit softly, lots of delay if hit hard.

I've just re-created one of my Patches in this way as I'd run out of MFX in the Performance that I need to use it in.

If anyone else has any tips on recreating MFX at Patch level, I would be interested to hear them.

Cheers
Andy
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

Great post, Andy! Thanks!

I've used fine tuning to simulate chorus effects to free up MFX in the past.

e.g. Choose and then turn off the MFX to PR-A: Wet TC which only uses tones 1 & 2. Copy both to tones 3 & 4 and then adjust the fine tuning of these tones to your liking! Simple but effective. =)

Great for patches that use only 1 or 2 tones. The only drawback is the doubling of polyphony used.

Cheers!
PiaKnowGuy
Please listen to 'Storm Chaser' if you wish.

PiaKnow
SL Productions

Post by SL Productions »

Another way to get to the end of the sample list faster is to switch over to Card, User or Preset samples and scroll, then switch back. This only works if you don't have samples loaded on one of these.
vs1824cd

Post by vs1824cd »

hi, good tip, is this one of the fantom effects. If so which one, having a difficult time finding it. Is it one of the 78

Thanks
Jai.
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

Link to a series of videos on mixing especially for voc mics gain setting posted by Sunfly.
kaustic_

Post by kaustic_ »

When loading songs, instead of finding the song you want and pressing Load (F8), play the song and press song edit and THEN press load. Your song will immediately load rather than having to wait forever. Hope this helps
wicus_

Post by wicus_ »

Thank you. This was very helpful. Much appreciated
One question. I need to record a song which varies between 4/4 and 3/4. What is the best way to record this. It's a piano solo, and it switches often between 4/4 and 3/4 and vice versa.
Deckard007

Post by Deckard007 »

If you're sequencing the song then you can just use track edit (5) to insert new measures where you require them. Each time it will offer you the option of changing the time signature to whatever you require. You can easily switch between 3/4 and 4/4 that way. Hope this is of help to you.
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

Artemiy,
is there a way to get access to the pictures that were with the AfterTouch fix for the X8?

page 2 of Tips & Tricks
daddio57
20:18 GMT
22 February 2009

Thanks

Royce
Kaustic

Post by Kaustic »

Haha Edit.
geppastro

Post by geppastro »

For moderators: please would it be possible to put this thread back as a sticky (like on the old forum)?
I've updated the files linked in one of my previous posts (1st page, 6th post from the top): added JV1080-converted GM patches (thanks Rcraven!).
Thank you.
Paolo
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

geppastro wrote:For moderators: please would it be possible to put this thread back as a sticky (like on the old forum)?
Done!