ROLAND D2 FREEZES AFTER LOADING

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
patrick_kingshott

ROLAND D2 FREEZES AFTER LOADING

Post by patrick_kingshott »

Hi, I have a Roland D2 which freezes as soon as it goes through the boot sequence. It loads then 3 buttons light up (megamix, vinyl-fx & velocity) and a green arrown light flashes in the middle.

I have tried a factory restore but this isnt possible because because of the big freeze! The soldering has been redone just in case but I am stuck!

Is there anyone who has the knowledge to rectify this? I am willing to try anything because at the moment it is useless.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards Patrick
Palplus

Re: ROLAND D2 FREEZES AFTER LOADING

Post by Palplus »

Hello Patrick,

I do realize that your posted question is 4 years old by now, and nobody took the effort to answer it.
So it's a long shot....
I have exactly the same situation with my Roland D2 right now.
While performing the 'factory reset' procedure my dog managed to rip the power cord out of the D2.
As a result the machine probably 'fried' the internal memory. Roland warns users of the D2 about this, so i am quite aware that it's my own 'fault'.

My question to you is; have you managed to get your device running again?

I'm guessing i'd better not send it over to the Roland repair center, since costs will probably exceed the value of the orange box...
But i sure am bummed out if this is the end of the line.

So if you know anything that might help me get my D2 running again, i'd be quite gratefull.

Regards, Paul