Roland memory card M256E

Forum for D-50/550 and other D and U synthesizers from 1980-1990's
gorky

Roland memory card M256E

Post by gorky »

Guys, I have Roland M265E card memory and I wanna change battery but don't have instructions and I don't wnt to tear apart card.
Does anybody knows how you change it or maybe where I can see manual?
Also, where can I use this card....U-20, D-50, or???????
Sprockett

Re: Roland memory card M256E

Post by Sprockett »

Hey Gorky,

No worries, you don't have to tear apart your card. If you look just above the Roland logo on the top front of the card you should see a small indentation in the plastic trim. That's actually the battery compartment and if you slide your fingernail in and pull straight up it should pop out. Just replace it with a fresh CR2016 battery, positive-side up and slide it back in.

The card is apparently compatible with several units, but mine resides in the back of an old U-20.

Here's a pic if my explanation doesn't make sense. It's an M-128, but it's the same design as yours.

http://www.deepsonic.ch/deep/pix/roland_m-128d_1.jpg
Hanon_CTS

Post by Hanon_CTS »

gorky wrote:Guys, I have Roland M265E card memory and I wanna change battery but don't have instructions and I don't wnt to tear apart card.
Does anybody knows how you change it or maybe where I can see manual?
Also, where can I use this card....U-20, D-50, or???????
Hello gorky,
I'm not aware of any instructions per se.
There is a small plastic carrier which holds a cr2016 coin cell battery in the end opposite the connection point.
Carefully pull that straight out with a fingernail.
DSCN0545.jpg
DSCN0545.jpg (142.7 KiB) Viewed 5773 times
Cheers, hanon
scottrod

Post by scottrod »

Tip: If you replace the battery while the card is inserted in the slot of a powered-up synth (for which it is formatted), it won't lose its stored information.