drum track on juno?

Forum for JUNO-Gi
delirium

drum track on juno?

Post by delirium »

Is there something like drum track feature allowing to play along drums rhythm with a click of the button?
kinda like on korg M3 or kronos. I see the drums pattern button but does it work intelligently?
mgmg4871

Re: drum track on juno?

Post by mgmg4871 »

Yes it works. It has pattern and arrange mode. You can program complete song. You can also edit patterns.
yamahaforums

Post by yamahaforums »

It's not a "hit the button and go" thing though which is what I think delirium was talking about? I had that feature on the MOX and also on the Fantom G but they both had midi sequencers which the Juno Gi doesn't have which is I suppose why you have to actually record a rhythm track to play along with, unless of course I am missing something ?
mgmg4871

Post by mgmg4871 »

You don't record drum tracks. You just set up an arrangement. The drum track doesn't get recorded until you export. The midi drum patterns just play along while you record. Which is kinda cool because you can make a drum arrangement for your song, then record your other parts, and if you want to change patterns you don't have to re-record drum parts. You just rearrange your drum patterns. The arrangement edit section is really easy to use.
yamahaforums

Post by yamahaforums »

Yeah I found it. Not quite a single button but not far off :) Just press the Rhythm Pattern button then press Recorder View then press number 5 (Strings/Orchestra) to get to the pattern screen. Next choose your pattern by moving the cursor to the pattern number such as 004 ROCK1-V2 and use either the Dec/Inc buttons or the jog wheel to go through the preset patterns. Hit the PLAY button and away you go! You can change patterns as you play the keyboard until you find the one you want. You can also of course set up your own arrangement. Details are in the quick start guide on page 16 :)
chinadorable

Post by chinadorable »

I upgraded to the Gi from the Di, and I can't figure out how to start the drum track on the downbeat. After I press play, the beat always seems to start randomly within the 4/4 pattern instead of on 1. Any advice?
tnicoson

Post by tnicoson »

The Juno-Gi has two separate tempos - the KEYBOARD tempo and the RECORDER tempo. Since the RHYTHM PATTERN generator is part of the RECORDER circuitry, try pressing the TEMPO button to bring up the TEMPO window, then select LINK to lock the two tempos together and see if that resolves your problem. See Page 32 (right hand column) of the manual. The drawback to this is that while the two tempos are "linked" the keyboard can not lock to an external MIDI clock, if you connect it to an external MIDI device.