Post by V-CeeOh »

piaknowguy

Re: New Demos at Roland.US

Post by piaknowguy »

Thanks, V! =)
Amazing One

Post by Amazing One »

Wow, fantastic webpage for an incredible synth, very artistic and informative! And the slogan is a great fit (plays like a dream, I like the double meaning :-))!

Thanks for the heads-up V-CeeOh!
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

Amazing One wrote: And the slogan is a great fit (plays like a dream, I like the double meaning :-))!
What's the double meaning , sorry i'm new .
EJ2

Post by EJ2 »

Thanks, V,
Now, I have to admit that Roland now has my attention. Whether by design or default, unrolling information and tutorials in this manner after a lackluster opening for the JP-80, no doubt has caught more than a few naysayers off guard. I forget who wrote (either here or in Harmony Central) about Roland's rather poor marketing strategy, but this seems to take a different route than exposing ALL right from the get go. Rather than a campaign of hype and BS, they release bits and pieces just to tease out those who might have been too hasty in judgement. Of course, I don't believe this is Roland's strategy. I honestly believe they heard too many negative comments and decided they had better answer them.

I have yet to put my hands on a Jupiter-80, but before I pass the JP-80 off and wait for the inevitable next incarnation(s), it will definitely get a serious set of auditions from me after these demos.
Cheers,
Jim (EJ2)
Amazing One

Post by Amazing One »

Hi Rocness, and welcome to the forum!
Rocness wrote:
Amazing One wrote: And the slogan is a great fit (plays like a dream, I like the double meaning :-))!
What's the double meaning , sorry i'm new .
This is Roland’s entire slogan for the Jupiter-80: Models reality, plays like a dream.

It’s very well conceived, not only because it embodies elements associated with Roland’s founder (Mr.Kakehashi) and his companies vision and work but also because it provides very strong resources in the realm of logic and reason.

Roland gives details on how they define one aspect of the word dream in this video. In short, the Jupiter-80 represents and fulfills a dream from Roland’s founder Mr.Kakehashi.

So the Jupiter-80 performers (or plays) in a way that fulfills Mr.Kakehashi’s vision (or dream).

But for the musician (or consumer) , it plays (or performs) dreamy.

So those are the two basic meanings Roland is most likely giving to the phrase: Plays like a dream.

Now I’ll spice it up a bit..:-)

So, after years and years of being played by unfaithful workstations and synthesizers, the Jupiter-80 comes along and one’s music life changes, gone are the nightmares and sleepless nights brought on by unattractive and boring gear zapping their mojo and their will to perform! Finally, they find the one, and feel the inspiration to take charge and become the dominant player in a joyous dance of music making satisfaction that gives their music life meaning again!

And then you wakeup, thinking it was all a dream, music life can’t be so amazing?…But there it is, your beautiful Jp-80, waiting for you to turn it on and have your way. Yes, it’s incredible.. and music life is good!

The dream has become reality and that reality is a dream, creating fond memories lasting a life time.

Play on my friends, Play on…. :-)
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

I want whatever he's having.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

V-CeeOh wrote:check them out at:
http://www.rolandus.com/go/jupiter-80/
Hummmm...nice !!!
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

I now begin to understand why JP-80 was almost "banned" from the comparison posts in the Korg forums... ;-)
No other synths were banned, just the JP-80... A very well known former RolanClan member have "something" against Roland and its Synths, and was "indisposed" by the JP-80's posts presence and almost "forced" the Forum mods to send all the JP-80 vs Kronos comparison posts to the Off Topic area. Hilarious...
And this guy was speaking about dictatorship over here... sad sad

Sorry, but I couldn't resist
take care

P.S: Thanks V-C, nice page and showroom ;-)
Amazing One

Post by Amazing One »

Devnor wrote:I want whatever he's having.
It’s called a JP-80, go for it, it will sober you right up and let you see what you’ve been missing, it’s….awesome my friend ..awesome. :-)
Mystic38

Post by Mystic38 »

Dunno about you guys, but that large blank space on the right is just screaming to be axed off for a 61 key version..

you heard the rumour here first! :D
EJ2

Post by EJ2 »

PauloF wrote:I now begin to understand why JP-80 was almost "banned" from the comparison posts in the Korg forums... ;-)
No other synths were banned, just the JP-80... A very well known former RolanClan member have "something" against Roland and its Synths, and was "indisposed" by the JP-80's posts presence and almost "forced" the Forum mods to send all the JP-80 vs Kronos comparison posts to the Off Topic area. Hilarious...
take care
Actually, Paulo, Sharp (the owner of KorgForums) simply moved the threads into a more appropriate forum:
I moved a Roland thread out of the KORG KRONOS section and into a General Synthesizers/Keyboards section.

Seriously guys, where else do you think a Roland thread should be posted on this forum?

And I’m being accused of overacting.. ???

The thread is now where it belongs. What’s the problem ? Just go to the General Synthesizers/Keyboards section and continue the conversation.

Regards
Sharp
I'm sure the comparisons will continue from those threads. They weren't "Banned" as you say.
Cheers,
Jim (EJ2)
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

EJ2 wrote:
PauloF wrote:I now begin to understand why JP-80 was almost "banned" from the comparison posts in the Korg forums... ;-)
take care
Actually, Paulo, Sharp (the owner of KorgForums) simply moved the threads into a more appropriate forum:
I moved a Roland thread out of the KORG KRONOS section and into a General Synthesizers/Keyboards section.

Seriously guys, where else do you think a Roland thread should be posted on this forum?

And I’m being accused of overacting.. ???

The thread is now where it belongs. What’s the problem ? Just go to the General Synthesizers/Keyboards section and continue the conversation.

Regards
Sharp
I'm sure the comparisons will continue from those threads. They weren't "Banned" as you say.
Cheers,
Jim (EJ2)
You're right they were not, that's why I wrote "banned" and not banned ;-)
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

Amazing One wrote:And then you wakeup, thinking it was all a dream, music life can’t be so amazing?…But there it is, your beautiful Jp-80, waiting for you to turn it on and have your way. Yes, it’s incredible.. and music life is good!

The dream has become reality and that reality is a dream, creating fond memories lasting a life time.

Deep , Thank You
Amazing One

Post by Amazing One »

Rocness wrote:
Amazing One wrote:And then you wakeup, thinking it was all a dream, music life can’t be so amazing?…But there it is, your beautiful Jp-80, waiting for you to turn it on and have your way. Yes, it’s incredible.. and music life is good!

Deep , Thank You
Hey Rocness, thanks-I’m a fan of yours as well, the atom was very creative and poetic. I’m also a fan of art, poetry, science, philosophy and all things high-tech etc. But most of it is just aid to support my tremendous love for music, being a hardcore musician is one of the things I’m most proud of.

Live the dream! :-)