Great Pianos' -ver.1 Sample Based Collection - FanX UPDATED!

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
korg1

Re: Great Pianos' -ver.1 Sample Based Collection - FanX UPDA

Post by korg1 »

thanx b3keys for uploading!!!
korg1

Post by korg1 »

for those who wish to use Great Pianos' -ver.1 Sample Based Collection + Yammie Acoustic Piano V1.0 for example,here is what you have to do:

use fantom yase software.Open the library that you want to add,and export each multisample(just note down on a paper the multisample position e.x 01...02...03).

Then load the library you use as your basic set up,and import the multisamples you exctracted before.
After that step use roland's fantomx librarian to import the patches from one library to other.
how to do it? ok,here it is :
let's say you have load Yammie Acoustic Piano V1.0 collection on your fantom x.create with librarian an fxl file,and save it on your hard disk.
then load Great Pianos' -ver.1 Sample Based Collection on your fantom x,and transfer the patches from fxl file via librarian to your fantom x.
Last thing to do is to change at every patch you imported the multisample position.If Yammie's first multisample was at no1,now it will be at no 11.Do so for every patch and save the patches,and you are done.Now you can have both collections in one file....
Cesarsound

Post by Cesarsound »

Hello korg1,

Great tip to the forum's folks.

thx.
Cesarsound.
korg1

Post by korg1 »

thanx Cesarsound !!!!

I tried to do all the work with fantom yase,but it didn't work for me.I got no patches while copying between files,so i think exporting the multisamples i a pretty good idea,plus you will have them individually in each file,so you can use it in any project you make.
patches can be copied via librarian as usual.
kcid

Post by kcid »

hello sound lovers. Here is my problem: Librian doesnt work. I downloaded te files of ceacar en korg1 on pc. Than i moved the files to card and loaded samples into X8. After making different multisamples, like for instance st grand; soft medium and hard. i manage to compile a patch, but....because of loop there is no natural decay. I dont manage to transfer a fanx file bij card. Can i copy a patch in another way ? Thanks very much for your comment!
korg1

Post by korg1 »

tutorial on how to mix varius projects in one :

1)
Let's asume you have your project with your own samples and patches on a compact flash card.If you have a second empty compact flash use this for testing Cesarsound' s collection or Great Pianos' .If you have only one compact flash do this: tranfer all your own work from cf to a folder on your pc.Name the folder as you like,so you remember where your files are.
2_
Then,erase the cf and put Cesarsound's project into it.Put the cf into fantom x and power on.When loading is finished,you can try the patches.Open the librarian.Lets say that you like Cesarsound' patch at no 5 .choose no5 in librarian ,and the patch should be transfered from fantom x into librarian.choose all the patches you want to use and tranfer them the same way into librarian. ''read selected''
Now you will have all the patches into librarian ,but remember,you still need the samples too.Don't close librarian yet.if you need to close it,save the new file with the patches into an fxl file.name it ''Cesarsound.fxl''
3)
Now it's time for grabbing the samples.My floppy drive on my pc can read cf cards,so i can use it at once.if your pc can read cf cards too,just take the card from fantom x, and plug it on your pc.
Open fantom yase software.it will start loading the patches and multisamples from cf card.Go to ''multisamples'' at the left of the software.there you can find all the multisamples that Cesarsound uses on his project.
Export each multisample naming them so that you remember in which number is each one.
4)
Folow steps 2&3 for Great pianos collecton now ,or any other project you want to merge.Don't try to put more than one project on cf card at a time.

when everything is done right,it's time to re-build your own project.

5)
erase cf card and put your own project into card (see step 1).This is your original project you use with your fantom x,right?

Open fantom yase software.It will start loading your project with patches samples and multisamples,ok?
Now,choose ''multisamples'' at the left side,and you will see your own multisamples.Let's say for example that your project allready uses multisamples from 1-09.Choose the next free init multisample.Now press ''import'' function on fantom yase.choose the first multisample you saved before and import it.do the same for all multisamples you exported before (see step3).
You will have now all your 001-009 multisamples,plus the new ones you just imported,right? The only thing is missing now are the patches.

6)
eject cf card from pc and plug it into fantom x.power on and wait till loading is done as usual.
Open librarian and load the fxl file you saved before (step2).
dubble click on the first patch,it will be transfered to fantom x.press edit on fantom x,and assign the right multisamples.For example,as you remember,you already use your own multisamples at number 001-009.So Cesarsound's no1 multisample will be on number 10 now,right?do the same for all 4tones ,find the right multisamples they use,and then ''write'' the patch at an empty entry on your card.Do the same for all patches from fxl you have on librarian.

Now you have both projects merged.Enjoy your new sounds!!!!!!
kcid

Post by kcid »

Thank you very much korg1!! Its seems your quite handy with these stuff! Il guess i cant do without Fantom Yase. Anyway when im into these i can show you what i mean with combine patches in a song to create a very realistic piano sound in a song... have funn and thank you agian!
korg1

Post by korg1 »

kcid you can do it manually by using sx sample import tool .you just have to rebuild the multisamples,which is a long take time to do. I don't know if fantom yase demo is capable of importing and exporting multisamples,you can still try it out.
korg1

Post by korg1 »

is there any link avaiable? just send it to me to copy it at the first page so everyone who needs it ,can find it easy.thanx
korg1

Post by korg1 »

For those who haven't download it yet here is the link :
http://rapidshare.com/files/423167885/S ... yPiano.rar
Notice that ''Perfect Rhodes'' isn't included in this collection.I hope someday i will replace this wurly sound with bigagiga's wurly,after i resample and re loop it,as well as the clav sounds.they are way better than srx' s clavs and wurly's.

Ok,the patches list in this collection is :

1.Stereo Piano
2.Gran'Piano
3.Easy Rocker
4.ExpresiveGrd
5.N.York Grand
6.ClassicGrand
7.Stereo Piano(better than no1)
8.VelolatinPno
9.Atmosph Walk
10.Real Thing (wurly)
hervshahn

Post by hervshahn »

Hi Korg1,

do you plan to make the great Perfect Rhodes available as well (not necessarily for free)?

Regards,
hervshahn
korg1

Post by korg1 »

i guess i could do that,as long as there are about 100 order requests.The reason for this is that i don't want to sell just a few copies,and then see the collection all over the internet for free .For that reason,i think the price of 20 euro,is quite reasonable.I might give free gifts as well,like a sampled based custom ethnik percussion kit or varius patches i converted from my old xp80 series,or reprogramed from my old srjv cards.So you can start request the Perfect Rhodes here....when 100 requests are done,it will be availiable.For those who haven't hear the Perfect Rhodes yet,here are some demos' :
http://youtu.be/Fb6qdq-zgu0
http://youtu.be/s8T0zzX3e4k
you can always leave your comments here....your opinion always matters to me...
greetings!!!!!!!
hervshahn

Post by hervshahn »

Ok so here is the first request, 20 Euros is reasonable - would even pay 40 Euros if only 50 people request it :-)

Hope another 99 people request it as well .... So folks let's go, it's really worth the money!

Regards, Hervshahn
korg1

Post by korg1 »

that's what i want to avoid....i want to keep the cost low so everybody can have access to ''Perfect Rhodes''.I Think it's silly to pay 500 or 350 euros just for sounds....20euros is a reasonable price for a good sound....i love to play funky with it!!!!!!!!
Thanx Hervshahn!!!!!!Hope to reach 99 more requests soon...
b3keys

Post by b3keys »

20 Euros and I am in, too!