Moog releases Animoog for iPad

Forum for Apple iOS devices
Artemiy
Site Admin

Moog releases Animoog for iPad

Post by Artemiy »

Moog just released its new synth for iPad and it's on sale for an incredible $0.99... Grab it ASAP!!! :-)
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/animoog/id471638724?mt=8

EJ2

Re: Moog releases Animoog for iPad

Post by EJ2 »

Unbelievable. I just downloaded and installed it now. My last 4 apps - Alchemy, iMaschine, iKaossilator, and now Animoog.

My iPad 2 has been one of the best music investments ever... and it keeps growing.
IgorCristo

Post by IgorCristo »

This thing is amazing! I can't beleave in the results I'm getting!! Really aggressive sound. Great sounding/smooth filter, incredible interface, can't even begin to explain modulation... really... one of the best sounding app for the iPad (if not the best!).
Rodan

Post by Rodan »

Thanks, guys. I got it!

This is bad. I had some work that I really needed to get done today. Now it won't happen.
IgorCristo

Post by IgorCristo »

http://soundcloud.com/silvgt/demo-animoog
Some sounds are shown in this demonstration I've made. Sme sounds are mine, others are just presets (wich are amazing!).
Rodan

Post by Rodan »

Thanks Igor for posting the demo. By the way, I really liked your Claire De Lune! It is beautiful.
Rodan

Post by Rodan »

Oh, and Artemiy thanks for turning us on to this app. Apparently the $.99 is a limited introductory price. It has to be one of the greatest bargains around. I went through the manual today. What a simple, straight forward interface and yet what a complex program. I don't know anything about Moog sounds, does this app sound like their hardware?
IgorCristo

Post by IgorCristo »

Rodan wrote:Thanks Igor for posting the demo. By the way, I really liked your Claire De Lune! It is beautiful.
Thanks a lot Rodan! I've played that a few years ago. It's a very beautiful music indeed.
JavaJ

Post by JavaJ »

Art, you should come out with some IOS apps- maybe some cool instruments- would love to give you my 0.99 cents hehe
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

JavaJ wrote:Art, you should come out with some IOS apps- maybe some cool instruments- would love to give you my 0.99 cents hehe
We are "that close" to become "iPAD Clan members" lol

I have Korg's iMS-20, Sunrizer, Akai SynthStation, Music Studio, garageband, DM1 and now Animoog.
Awesome what we can do with them !!!
IgorCristo

Post by IgorCristo »

My first recording with the Animoog:
http://soundcloud.com/silvgt/teste-animoog/

Somethings are out of sync because I had some trouble with the recording (done with the speakers of my MacBook - I couldn't listen to the basses…). Overall shows the great sonic possibilities with the Animoog.
yamahaforums

Post by yamahaforums »

Unfortunately it's now $29.99 :( Should have checked in here sooner but only got my iPad a couple of weeks ago.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

yamahaforums wrote:Unfortunately it's now $29.99 :( Should have checked in here sooner but only got my iPad a couple of weeks ago.
I can tell you it's not worth $29.99 for sure... it's basically 8 mixable wavetables + filter + distortion, and apart from fancy modulation there is just nothing you can do there. No FM, ring, advanced filters, no detunable oscillators (octave/fifth) etc.

I'd say these three are the ones to get: iMS-20, Sunrizer and Addictive Synth.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Artemiy wrote:
yamahaforums wrote:Unfortunately it's now $29.99 :( Should have checked in here sooner but only got my iPad a couple of weeks ago.
I can tell you it's not worth $29.99 for sure... it's basically 8 mixable wavetables + filter + distortion, and apart from fancy modulation there is just nothing you can do there. No FM, ring, advanced filters, no detunable oscillators (octave/fifth) etc.

I'd say these three are the ones to get: iMS-20, Sunrizer and Addictive Synth.
Hi Artemiy,
Addictive is really addictive !!!
IgorCristo

Post by IgorCristo »

I do think it's agreat app, and it sounds better than my iMS-20, although everything you've said it's true Art. I'd certainly buy the Animoog for U$30 and wouldn't pay for the iMS-20. Sunrizer and Addictive are great!!